Chapter 7

[Emma]

"Morning" I said softly to Killian, who was sitting as he watched the calmed outdoors through the window. The tender rays of the sun illuminated his face, bringing out every single of his factions. He turned his head to me. There was again that look from the previous day showing nothing.

Focus Emma. Don't panic. Everything will be alright.

"Morning" he replied in a low voice, obviously forcing a tiny smile.

"I told the nurse I would bring you breakfast and join you with some coffee" I placed the tray on the table and sat in the chair in front of him.

"Thanks" Killian stared down at the food.

"It appears to be disgusting but it's not that bad. You should try the jello first" I said, pointing it.

"That's the one who has the worst appearance. It's rather queer" he said lifting up the jello dish, examining it and scrunching up his face.

"Try it" I gently demanded. He took the spoon and a small nip. I tried to contain a chuckle when he made a disgusting expression. Nevertheless, his face relaxed as soon as he swallowed the jello.

"It's not... That bad"

I smiled pleased. Killian continued eating the rest of his breakfast while I finished my coffee. We didn't say a word during those minutes. I noticed he kept glancing constantly at the window. What was going through his mind?

"Which is the town's name again?" He suddenly asked.

"Storybrooke"

"Sounds crazy"

"Somehow it is. But it's a lovely place to live. And people around here are really nice"

"Did I live here?"

"Yes. At least for the last year you did"

I saw how he tried to understand things. He was asking that in order to help himself to remember something, at least the minimal of details.

"Dr. Whale..." he hesitated, as if deciding to trust in me or not.

"Yeah?"

"He... Told me that I could get my memories back again with time but it all seems to be so complicated" he lowered his head and played with the crumbs on the plate.

"There's hope, Killian. Don't give up" I was about to stretch out my hand to take his. Even so, I felt it was going to be awkward for him. I just smiled. "In fact, I brought some stuff that might help" I took out an envelope which contained some pictures from family and friends. I showed him first one with Mary Margaret, David and baby Neal on it.

"Who are they?" he asked curiously staring at the picture.

"They are my..." wait. I couldn't tell him they were my parents, it could be confusing for him. "David and Mary Margaret are like my parents and Neal like a brother" I stated before I could think of a better answer.

"Oh"

I handed him another one.

"This is my son, Henry"

"And the man next to him his father I guess"

"Indeed. His name was Neal"

"Was?"

"He uhm... passed away" I said trying to hide my sadness.

"I'm sorry"

"It's okay. Neal and you knew each other very well. You were... Friends"