Chapter 4

[Emma]

Killian and I stayed in New York three more days. The first time he had been there he hadn't gone in tourist plans (he was actually chasing certain crocodile and decided to cause quite some trouble to us), so I showed him some places. He was fascinated. It was hilarious to watch him getting excited with the simplest things, like elevators and hot dogs. We even went to the cinema, where he had his very first popcorns.

"Bloody delicious" was his response after finishing a whole bowl.

We had a really great time in the Big Apple.

Apple. What an irony.

"Hey. Yeah. We're preparing everything to return. We'll arrive tonight. Yeah. Ok. Bye" I hung up the phone and turned to Killian "It was my mom"

"Good. I bet everyone miss us back there. Storybrooke must be hella boring without our presence"

"Probably" I smirked "Ready to leave?"

"Aye. Let's go home"

We got on my car and made our way to Storybrooke. Suddenly, it began to rain. I turned on the windshield wiper.

"What the hell is that thing?" Killian asked a bit horrified.

"It's a wiper that helps you clear the rain from the windshield so you can see the road" I answered smoothly.

"Oh... I see" he replied more calmly "You know Swan, sometimes I feel like an idiot"

"Why's that?"

"All this technology is bloody brilliant but it's too much to learn. Even your little brother knows more about this than me"

I laughed.

"Don't worry, you will learn" I glanced quickly at him before returning my gaze to the road "And eventually I'll give you some driving classes"

"Seriously?"

"Yeah"

"Emma... you don't have to waste your time on me. I can walk. Storybrooke doesn't have much far off places"

"Is the pirate scared about driving?" I said smirking.

"I'm not... scared. I just-"

"No excuses, Captain. You must learn"

He heaved a sigh.

"As you wish, m'lady"

I couldn't avoid blushing. It was incredible how he still had the power to make me feel that way. We kept on our way to Storybrooke without saying a word. It was still raining and getting darker. I turned the car's lights on.

"Do you miss it?" I said breaking the silence. He startled a bit.

"What?"

"The Jolly Roger"

"No" he answered firmly "Why the question, love?"

"I thought... That ship was like your baby. Your home, Killian. A memory of your brother. And you gave it up for a magic bean"

"Indeed, but I don't regret about giving it up" he smiled and glanced at me "Thanks to that decision I got an opportunity to see you again. Plus, you had to save your family and wake up from that fake life you had, no offense darling. Trading the Jolly Roger was completely worthwhile" still with that gorgeous smile on his face he continued with a sentence that leaved me breathless.

"You are my home"

Bloody hell Killian.

"You're gonna be my perdition, Captain" I managed to say. He chuckled. I glanced quickly through the rear-view mirror. "I love-"

"Emma watch out!!!"

It happened all of a sudden. So quickly. Seconds as much. After Killian shouted my eyes returned to the road and saw a big truck coming in opposite sense. I turned the steer wheel as fast as I could only provoking the car to skid. Unfortunately, I couldn't avoid the truck. It hit us right in the copilot's side. I felt how the yellow bug spun several times until it stop, crashing with a tree's log.

My entire body hurt badly. I couldn't move. I felt how something liquid ran through my head and face.

It was blood.

I turned my gaze to Killian, he was bleeding as well. I tried to reach his arm but when I slowly stretched out mine it only brought me pain. I stared at him, however, I couldn't determine if he was still breathing. I felt a knot in my throat.

I called for his name several times although I could barely hear my own voice. There was no response from Killian, not even a single movement. My eyes began to see him blurred.

"Don't leave me" I said feeling how a tear fell from my eye.

Then everything turned black.

*****

Hey guys! Thanks for the good comments about the fic, I hope you're liking it so far.

School is coming, but I'll try to upload the chapters quickly.

Thanks again!!! :D