Chapter 3

[Killian]

After the proposal we spent the rest of the night together having some... fun.

The following day we reunited the family (more like most of the Storybrooke residents) at Granny's to give them the good news.

"Do you want to tell them?" Emma whispered when no one was paying attention to us.

"I'd rather you do, love" I said as I rubbed my ear. She nodded.

"Ok everyone!" she shouted. Every single soul present gazed at her. "I- well Killian and I want to announce something really important" she made a small pause, giving the moment some mystery "we are getting married!" Emma exclaimed, showing her left hand with the ring on it.

I thought for a second that David was going to tight me around a tree as Mary Margaret shoot me an arrow. Of course I was just imagining nonsense. Both were so happy for our engagement that they even hugged me. Several times. I had never received so many hugs in a single day.

"Who would have said? The pirate and the savior. Congratulations!" Regina said as she smiled. It was official. Everyone was happy for us. Even the Evil Queen. Well, former evil. Still queen.

"And when are you planning to tie the knot?" Mary Margaret asked us.

"We actually haven't talked about that" I answered, glancing at my fiancée.

"What about in a month?" Emma said "It's not going to be the big thing. We'll have enough time to organize it"

"As your majesty wishes" I replied, blinking and sending a sassy look at Emma, making her flush.

"Just don't do that in front of me" Henry said "I had enough when mom and I returned to the apartment and we found my grandparents-"

"Whoa! Ok!" David interrupted "Would you like to drink something?"

"I do!" Mary Margaret continued "Ruby! Can we get some iced tea here please?"

Emma couldn't contain her laugh. It was so contagious I began to laugh as well.

"It's not funny!" Snow said "Stop laughing you two!"

During the following weeks all we did was talk about the event, the place, the food, and all that a wedding requires. Mary Margaret and David gave us a hand with it. It was all quite exciting, really, but Emma and I hadn't spent time alone since we began organizing and that made me mad. However, watching Emma so enthusiastic was enough for me. At least for some time.

"Ok. Yes. I'll pick it up tomorrow. Thank you" Emma hung up her phone "It was from the store. My wedding dress is ready and I just need to pick it up in New York"

"New York?" I asked.

"Yes. There are no stores here that make wedding dresses so I had to order one"

"Are you planning to go alone, love?"

"I was thinking about telling my mom. Now that Gold spread that potion on the borderline everyone can cross safely. And I still have my old apartment there so we can stay there for a while"

"What if... I go with you?"

"Huh?"

"Emma" I put my arms around her waist, dragging her close to me "We haven't spent time alone and I think we deserve it"

She smiled. She got me crazy when she did that.

"Alright then. But you won't be seeing the dress, it's bad luck. Or that's what people say"

"Good. When do we leave?"

"Tomorrow"

The following morning we made our way to New York in Emma's yellow vessel. Unfortunately, I had to use the fake hand instead of my beloved hook during our stay, at least when I was outside the apartment. Anyways, we arrived to what used to be her "home" a year ago.

"Wait here" she said as soon as we finished having lunch "I'll go to the store"

"Can't I go with you?"

"Nope. I've told you. Your eyes can't see the dress until the wedding day"

"Ok, superstitious girl" I teased her.

"I'll be back in an hour" she put on her red jacket and opened the door "there's television and ice cream in the fridge"

"Rum?"

"Sorry, there's nothing left" she said before closing the door.

I tried to watch the big box but got irritated because I couldn't change the channel. The remote didn't had batteries or something. I ended up breaking it. Thankfully, I managed very well with the chocolate ice cream.

An hour later, I was sitting in the couch playing with a small crystal figure when Emma opened the door. She was carrying a really big white box in her hands.

"Hey" She exclaimed, placing the box in a small closet.

"Hey love. Enjoyed your time at the store?"

"Yes, indeed. The dress is lovely. It just needed a few adjustments but nothing that a needle can't fix" she looked at the trash can and took out the empty ice cream recipient "You finished it all by yourself?"

"Uh, yeah. Apologies, I'll buy more later. By the way, the remote didn't work. I couldn't enjoy the TV"

"Do I need to give you more technology classes, Killian?"

"I guess so. But not now" I walked to her. She placed her hands on my shoulders and kissed me. I was lost in her lips, she made me feel I was in heaven every time I felt her by my side. And the best of all was that we were about to get married, to form a family. Who knew? Maybe we could have some little pirates running around our house in a not so far future. It was life. It was perfection. We were making our way to our happy ending. Together.