Ch 1: a waste of my time

<< picture of Nerlinda dad, James Silver >>

***********

Like any other normal school day, today felt incompatible. what makes me say that ?!

Well , let's just say my morning routine was different then usual, and the fact that I was smiling at the ceiling like a lunatic justify it all.

' today's going to be so turnt up. ' I squealed into my pillow like those crazy teenager usually do when daydreaming of the day their crush will eventually ask them out.

After thinking of the long long lecture Jasmine had already arranged for me if she found me not dressed yet. I immediately got off my bed and made my way to the bathroom. There, I stripped off my pajama's and got inside the tub. I then open the water and started reflecting on our little conversation from earlier while letting the warm water hit my figure .

<< flashback >>

' whose this ? ' I questioned to lazy to read the number ID

' It's Jasmine, you idiot . ' my best friend replied angrily

' Don't you look at your phone when receiving a call ? anyway are you ready because i'll be there in half an hour. what are you even doing ' she continue pestering me on the phone with numerous questions and no time to answer.

' well I don't like to check my phone at three in the morning since unlike most people I got a life. secondly if i knew the person calling me wouldn't give me the time to talk back, then i wouldn't have even answered in the first place. lastly, i'm waiting for the witch to shut up so i can go back to sleeping.' I said playfully knowing too well Jasmine will not be pleased by my answer

' It's five in the morning you idiot. I'm coming at six and you better get up and if you don't '

' you will either walk to school or be fed to my big bad dogs ' we said simultaneously making her laugh like a dying hyena on the other end of the phone.

There's really never a dull moment with Jasmine. The fact that she's an only child makes her appear even more weird, bratty, and obnoxious. Sometimes i wonder if her personality is a curse or a blessing. However, i wouldn't change a thing about it; even though i do wish she can keep her lips sealed once in a while.

' are you going to the party tonight ' don't tell me your day dreaming while i'm talking to you again. Gosh, you're so annoying. you're awake now, right' Jasmine once again interrogate like a child making it hard for me to concentrate

' it's today right? ' I asked, finally engaging in the conversation

' noooooo; it's tomorrow'  ' girl I just asked you if you're going tonight and now you're asking when it is ..... anyway, are you going ?? ' She asked again

( but you see what I mean . it's not like I was being mean , she is really ..... obnoxiously annoying )

' yea , i think so ' I answered unsure . It all depends on my mood

( The real question she should've asked is :" would you be able to get your lazy ass out of the bed tonight " ; but if she did I think we all would've known the answered )

' Good , i'll text Kayla about it. now go get ready ' with that she hung up.

<< end flashback >>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" every wish come with a prize. "

Somehow this quote kept replaying in my head like a rollercoaster with the most G force.

This powerful quote was one of my dad favorite quote and he used to tell me it everyday.  It was his ' good morning cup of coffee ' to me   But the only difference is we haven't drink coffee for a long time now .

Why !?!

My dad died about six years ago and at that time i was in my last year of middle school. He was in the army serving for his country but unfortunately he couldn't make it home just like most other soldier did.

Well ; I love my dad uncontrollably because he is/was my rock and my guidance, my best friend , my superhero, and my world; and this is why I can't help but wish that my dad had a normal job instead

Maybe then he would've been with us still ;

with me ....

Don't get me wrong , I love and respect my dad decision; it's just that I can't help my selfish mind because some days, i wished i could spend time with my dad like most girl my age does .

But unfortunately I can't , and it's frustrating

Well , I'm 18 now and a senior at one of the most prestigious High school ... Beverly hill high school.

( Or so they say )

I live with my widowed mother and my 10 year old little brother. We adapted into the perfect family , although deep down we all have our sorrow.

But since life is all about learning and moving on ,  we learn to cherish my dad in our heart while cherish our life as well.

After all , it was his wish  to serve for his country even though at the end we're the one who truly ended up losing our warrior .

You see that quote :  " every wish come with a prize. "

One could describe it as a Very vague and unclear quote but yet it still have the power hold one of my most unrefined memories.

You see ,  I understand it now since I lived it and this is why I have a hate and love relationship with it.

But sadly I hate it more then I love it