She gasped and she could have sworn that those eyes smiled mischievously or smirked if that was even possible. She felt a little squeeze in her hand and she suddenly felt warm all over.

But before she could completely lose herself in those mischievous green eyes, a piercing voice hit her ears bringing her back to reality.

"I know you are there. Show yourself!" She turned to left and knew that, that person stopped just right behind that wall and was demanding her to show herself.

She started to panic and her breath turned into shallow gasps when she turned to find her hand void of the warmth and those green eyes vanished inside thick darkness as if they were never there in the first place. She blamed her conscience for pulling such naive tricks on her that nearly swiped her out of her feet.

A thunderous roar once hit her eardrums and her feet automatically made their way out of that little heaven of hers and right in front of a man radiating so much raw aura.

That man was in armed uniform that looked different from others, because of the badges that were hanging on his chest on the left.

"Are you a prisoner?" Man accused through thin lips that looked more angry due to the sharpness of his jaws that were ticking. He looked around 22 or 23 years of age but was as intimidating as a 50 years old man.

"I-uh-" she baffled and her voice stuck inside her throat when her cowering eyes met his narrowed eyes.

Skye knew that she messed up big time. That scary armed man was mad at her and now he was going to kill her. Moreover he thought that she was a prisoner who was trying to escape the castle.

Her lower lips trembled which was her signature body language in extreme nervousness and fear.

He took a step forward and her eyes widened fixed on his black boots ready to run away if he took one more step towards her.

"If you made a run, know that I'm gonna empty my gun on your back." His voice promised her and her hand started to sweat.

She was contemplating whether she should just tell him that she came to deliver princess' letter. But she couldn't tell him about that letter.

"Are you dumb? Can't you answer my question, prisoner?" He asked while his eyes reeked down on her body and she squirmed under his gaze suddenly feeling self conscious.

"Im- I'm not a prisoner,sir. I was just c-" she was trying to come up with some excuse when he cut her in the middle of the sentence.

"Dont you dare make excuses in front of me, young lady." He warned her while coming near her. She held her breath lowering her gaze to her feet. He encircled her and hair on the back of her neck stood upward.

"Please let me go, I'm no prisoner my Lord," she hoped that now he would come I front of her instead of standing behind her," I'm just a maid of princess Joanna." She finished praying that now he would let her go.

He heard a chuckle escaped through his lips close to her left ear and her senses became extra alert.

"As much as I want to believe in your lame story," he stated now moving in front of her and reoccupying previous position, with his eyes once again digging holes in Skye's eyes to whom she couldn't hold and lowered her eyes again," I would rather prefer to hear your real purpose of stepping inside male Chambers, sweetheart."

As soon as the last part escaped his lips, her head flew up in his direction flabbergasted and a smirk made its way on his lips.

Skye didn't like his behavior and she wanted to just get this matter over with. She decided to just ask him to let her meet the guard so that she can get done with him and go back in the ladies chambers.

"Please let me see guard Klaus. I have business with him."

His posture stiffened and Skye's previous confidence subsided into thin air when she interpreted through his once again ticking jaw and stiffed shoulders that something was wrong-or everything was wrong.

"And why exactly do I let you see him?" He asked without blinking that made her dig her paws in her head to come up with something sensible but couldn't.

"My lady gave me a task to accomplish. I need to meet him without any further a due." She stopped herself before she could explain herself more to him.

It felt like as if he was making her expose herself completely in front of him by tricking her from different directions which she won't allow to happen at all.

He didn't seem to buy that and was about to say something in response again to lengthen the conversation which agitated her more.

"Please my Lord, I'm not a prisoner. Let me just see the guard and I'll be soon gone." She stated with an irritating edge in there voice.

His lips thinned in a sharp line and for a moment he didn't say anything and she contemplated on leaving the place. To hell with the letter and anything else regarding that matter. Princess would surely understand the seriousness of the situation.

"Damion!" He shouted aloud looking at his shoulder making her flinch by the sudden shout but he ignored her.

"Call the Klaus." He ordered. The guard named Damion left the room through the far end gate and after a moment appeared with another man who looked slim and young around 16 years of age and she suddenly recognized him as Klaus by the signs princess gave about him.

He took confident steps towards them and stopped couple of steps behind that irritating man and said," yes commander Leon, how can I help?" He asked obediently and she immediately calculated in her head that he was commander of the army thats the reason of her arrogance. Everything made sense now.

"How is your stay going, Klaus?" He asked in authoritative voice turning towards Klaus.

"It's fairly comfortable commander. I'll soon leave the place but I won't forget the hospitality of the inhabitants here."

Commander Leon nodded and turned his head to Skye who immediately diverted her gaze to his boots.

"This lady over here wants to pleasure you. Was eager to find you so I thought to help her in that case." Skye's head flew up towards commander and she couldn't believe in her ears to what she was listening.

" No, I didn't s-" she started not caring about how unorganized she seemed but was soon cut off my guard's voice.

"My appologies commander, you had to go through the trouble." Guard bowed his head and made towards her. Skye didn't miss commander's nostrils flaring at his response but soon he turned back sharply before disappearing out of sight.

"Why did you not deny his accusation, my Lord?" Skye's mad voice apparently didn't seem to faze guard's expressions who stopped right in front of her and advanced his hand towards her veil and she stepped back in surprise of what he might be doing.

But his fingers curled around a dangling piece of paper that was quite apparent in the sight from under the net fabric of her veil and she couldn't help but curse under her breathe.

That commander knew all along that she came to deliver this piece of paper or a letter to be exact, to the guard but was trying to mess with her by reasoning.

"First of all, he knew why you were here," Klaus waved the letter in front of her eyes to prove the point and she felt her cheeks reddening in embarrassment," and secondly, me denying his apparent reasoning could have caused trouble for both of us." He made his point without a slight change in his solemn expression,"and now I bid you good evening my lady." He bowed once again and just like that he was gone.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••