🎵Twenty-six

Amidst the silence of the two people sitting not far apart from each other while looking at the horizon of the sea, only the crashing of waves can be heard.

They don't know how many minutes has passed already. They were both silent not wanting to break the moment.

Jimin can't look at her so he just stared ahead when he heard her stiffle her nose. A heavy lump in his throat formed, if he talk... he'll break down and he didn't want that.

Seulgi rubbed her nose because it's stuffy, then she felt warm all of a sudden, turning her head at the person beside her who draped his coat over her shoulder, she met his gaze and time stopped for both of them.

When she stared at his eyes, she saw their past, all coming towards her like a flashback. His eyes spoke so many emotions but Seulgi understood only one thing, he love her still and so does she.

Knowing that, tears streamed down her face.

She thought that she was fine already, she thought that she has gotten over him.

She doesn't like it. I hate that I'm like this.

Gasping for air she stood up. "I have to go."

Jimin panicked, already?

"Wait, stay longer. We're friends right?" What a lame excuse Jimin, he scolded himself , but he can't think of anything else to stop her.

Seulgi looked at him. "I don't know, strangers might be suitable. I'm going." She said and walked away but then Jimin catched up to her, holding her arm firmly but gentle, just enough for her to stop again. His warm hands on her arm sent shivers down her spine, only he can do that to her.

"We don't have to talk about the past, we don't have to be anything. Okay, You want us to be strangers? Then so be it but can't strangers sit beside each other? For just a little while. You don't have to look at me, talk to me but stay, please. I want to stare at you even just a little longer."

Seulgi yanked her arm away from him, staring at his eyes she said,"But I don't want to be with you for even a minute anymore." She might have given up everything for him once but it doesn't change the fact that they can't still be together now or even in the future. Jimin and his friend's parents really played it well.

Jimin's jaw hardened. How can she say that so casually without batting her eyes? Then what are her tears for?

"It's been.. Years but never had once I've looked at other girl, I didn't try to forget you. I always go back where we first met. At first, I only wanted to forget you by getting drunk but later on I realize it was because I kept waiting for you that's why I go there once a month."

Seulgi just continued staring at Jimin. He looks angry by what she said but his words contradict his action... It's like..

Jimin held both her shoulder." That's right, I'm confessing to you." He stared at her eyes intently. He gripped her shoulders because she might disappear all of a sudden. After many years of looking and just when he least expected her to see there at Jeju she showed up.

Seulgi felt overwhelmed with his confession. He was waiting for her? Just the thought of him waiting for her at the bar made her feel special but...

"This is against your rules. Stop doing this." She said letting go of his hold on her. She's scared... That he might break the rule and end up seeing his unknown fiancée.

Jimin gritted his teeth. Rules? Bullshit. he was totally naive for agreeing back then. Look what he's gotten into, being pushed away by the woman he loves now.

"I don't care about the inheritance, I don't care about my position. I don't care if I have nothing with me, as long as I got you." He said carressing her cheeks but Seulgi remained still, as if thinking.

After awhile she said, "And you think my conscience can take that?" Please don't make this harder for me. She hid her true feelings and kept a straight face.

Jimin looked away biting his lips before turning to her.

"Fine. If that's what you want I'll let you, on one condition."

"What?" Seulgi's heart started beating fast.

Jimin let go of her putting his hands inside his pocket. "Help me prepare for my wedding."

Seulgi gasped. W-wedding? But she thought he didn't met her yet or perhaps he was given a dare but gave up?

He doesn't know that it made her body feel weak. But then, doing this might be the only way for her to have a peace of mind.

With heart aching she nodded and said a small "Okay." How he changed his mind so easily hurted her.

So she's not going to ask who it is huh. Jimin bit the inside of his cheek. She doesn't care about him after all.

If she's not going to be mine then meeting my fiancée is for the best. Why do I have to prolong my agony? Staying untied as if she'll have me back again... so uncool.

***

A/n

sorry for the late UD. I actually made this longer but unfortunately, I wasn't able to save the continuation. Seulmin ends there and it was for other character's part that I wasn't able to save so I deeply apologize.

Anyways, are you still rooting for Seulmin? Not all stories don't need to have a happy ending right?

Thank you for reading as always 🙂 see u next update 🙃🙃