Crescent 8: The Challenge Of Eastern Waterfall(2)

Arkaan could barely make out the faces of the new group which seemed to wear matching attire - cyan thobes, the colour of cascading waterfalls.

"Eh.., what's going on over there?"، he said, a little stubbornly. He could even sense the tension building up down below from the way the two groups faced each other, like the proverbial 'swords drawn'. Quickly, he rushed down the staircase, not wishing to lose out on the excitement.
He quickly got to the ground floor, and rushed through the archway formed by the giant southern pillars. As he approached the mountain path, he began walking calmly with a relaxed expression; To Arkaan, it was best to examine every situation in a composed mindset, than to just join the fray and act heedlessly.
If there was really any need to join, one had to be the 'calm in the storm'. In that way, not only would one earn the attention and respect of those present, but also succeed in managing the situation. He could almost hear his grandfather lecturing him on this, even as his mind wandered from the boring talk. But he ought to give the old geezer credit for that. But if there was any need for the alternative...

He had really become a notorious person in Tâ Hâ after his dad left, even with his not so bulking structure, he could be considered fit, for his age. Though he became more refined through the coaching of his grandfather, if there was any necessity for being harsh and silver-tongued, Arkaan wouldn't hesitate to show who's boss!

Even as Arkaan approached, he studied the two groups; the group above the mountain path, some steps from those below, composed of Zak, Ukashah, Harun, Musa, and Abdullah. Apparently, Old man Abdul Sattâr, Ismail and Ishaq weren't present, probably on an errand of their own. The group stood there with tensed expressions on their faces even as they held their clean-up tools, dressed in their working attire. They looked like they were helpless, and could only boil in their anger from within as they silently endured the taunts from the group, a couple of steps below them.

"I thought this was the exalted place where the infamous halaqah of South district, 'Inâbah' was established. Could I have heard wrong?..."، a guy in a cyan thobe and red-checkered ghutra and egal called out, as if in sincere shock at haven been disappointed about something. If not for the guffaw that followed the remark, by his companions, one might not have realized it was meant to be derogatory.

As Arkaan looked at their faces, he could clearly see the disdain hidden within, and the contempt with which they held the halaqah of the South district.
" Or could it be that the esteemed 'Inâbah' were just a bunch of good-for-nothing empty barrels blowing their trumpets. Tsk, tsk...I'm almost at a loss for words."، the guy continued. Among the group, he was the only one with a ghutra and an egal, the rest only wore the same-matching cyan thobes, but the condescending aura with which they faced Zak and the others could not be mistaken; as if they could look down on all creation!

"Brother Abdul Majid, this is going too far..."، Zak said in a tone of respect, yet there was no self-abasement in his voice and expression.
" Tsk, tsk. I thought younger brother Zakariyya was a sensible young man, but it seems I was mistaken - 'Inâbah' seems to have bred a couple of nitwits"، Abdul Majid who was with the ghutra and egal continued, without any respect in his voice, " I only asked a sincere question. Yet, instead of answering like a mature and smart kid, you'ld rather expose your dimwittedness. "

"Elder brother Abdul Majid is right. We only came here to give our sincere condolences right?"، a guy with a baby face, right behind Abdul Majid exclaimed in jest, then smacking his shaven bald head as if he forgot something, continued," wait, no - - - greetings! "
At this, his whole group broke into a hearty laughter as if they were having a really good time.

"Good one there, brother Layyin! Hahaha..."، a guy next to the Layyin guy said, amidst laughter whilst holding his abdomen with one hand from excessive laughter, and the other tapping Layyin's shoulder approvingly. They didn't bother to hide their derision.