14

Nyela stood on the red carpet, about to enter the premiere of the movie she had spent almost two years filming. She had even written the script, it was a bit of a self-inspired piece, about a girl living in an orphanage, the other orphans are metaphors for her inner demons. There never was an orphanage. Its all in her mind.
As she entered the theatre, she forgot everything that had happened in the past month that she spent at home. The silver screen always had that effect on her. Ever since she was a child, her troubles seemed to wash away when she went to see a film. She remembered there was a local theatre near her house, it only ran old vintage movies on film. She often went there when she was young, The teenage boy that was stationed at the projector taught her how it worked. He even showed her how to make her own mini projector for herself. Really that was what inspired her to film.
As she settled into her seat, her eyes lit up. She had seen these scenes a thousand times but finally seeing it on that giant screen.
It was life-changing.
She left the theatre with a smile on her face, the reviews were mostly positive.
The after party was the best part, she was swarmed with compliments and congratulations, it almost didn't feel real.
She stumbled from a banquet hall slightly drunk, with his jacket slung over her shoulder she called an Uber back to her apartment.
The moment she arrived home she went to sleep, lavishing the feel of her bed after long hours of work

×

Loud bangs could be heard from the kitchen when Nyela woke up. A burning smell jarred her from her slumber and she jumped up in alarm for the fact was that she didn't have a roommate.
"The arsonists must have finally gotten to me", she mumbled grabbing a broom to defend herself and tiptoeing into the hallway. The burnt smell was coming from the kitchen and she heard a distinctive voice humming a spice girls song.
" klaus why are you in my apartment", she sighed putting away the broom and moving to turn off the oven.