9

Nyela woke up on the living room floor, she forgot she had slept on the couch the night before. Her blanket lay tangled around her legs as she sat up and stretched. Soon she was able to remove herself from the mess of covers and pillows and force herself to go make coffee.
As she entered the kitchen five jumped in, making her almost drop the pot.
"Make me a cup too", he smiled.
" I hate when you do that", Nyela shook her head
×
Nyela at first had no idea that they had powers, until one fateful day that she was visiting Klaus.
"Collect 50 dollars from the bank", she read from the small card in her hands.
Klaus mock-gasped," it doesn't say that you're just trying to get out of debt.
"Read it and weep Klausy, ill be taking my 50 dollars now", she smirked holding up the card.
Klaus begrudgingly gave her the 50 dollars, when five jumped into the room.
Nyela almost dropped the money in shock, as the boy nonchalantly had just appeared with a burst of blue light.
" what", he asked, confused as to why she looked so shook
"She doesn't know, dingus", Klaus hissed, turning to look at Nyela
" surprise!", he awkwardly sang, doing jazz hands
×

"You love me, that's why I'm your best friend", five smiled, hopping onto the kitchen counter.
" not even close", nyela sighed, pouring the coffee into two mugs.
"What have you been doing these last couple of years", he questioned.
" film school, directors apprentice, director", Nyela deadpanned
"Black, right", she questioned
Five nodded and she handed him the mug without doing anything to it, she, however, turned to the fridge to get the creamer.
" did you ever make more friends", he asked as he sipped on the hot drink.
"You know I had more friends than you guys", she laughed.
" ok sure sis", five clicked his tongue
" you came here every day, how come you were never at your own house", he continued.
Why was she never at her own house
×
"Mom I got an A on my math test", nyela beamed, proudly holding up the paper with an A+ written on the top.
Her mother sat at her laptop typing up papers and talking to one of her clients, she pulled the phone away from her ear for only a moment
I'm working Nyela", she whispered.
-
"Mom I'm on the honor roll", Nyela said, holding up the certificate with her name signed on the center.
Her mother was signing papers " I'm working Nyela", she mumbled
-
"Mom are you coming to the film festival, my movie is gonna be featured", Nyela questioned softly, she already knew the answer
" not tonight nyela", her mom answered.
-
"Mom I got accepted into that film school in LA", she stated, even though her mother never paid her much attention, getting into college was a big deal.
Her mother was sending emails
" I'm working Nyela"
-
Nyela stood in her empty room, boxes surrounded her. It wasn't like she had much anyway, but her posters, notebooks, cameras, and everything else were packed up. Her mother walked past her door, stopping when she noticed the emptiness
"What's going on here", she questioned looking around
" the semester starts in a week", nyela replied, busying herself with putting tape on one of her boxes
"Oh, what grade are you in now, 9th right?", mother asked
" it's college mom", Nyela sighed
"Well, good job", her mother smiled before walking off, presumably to keep up with her work
×

" it's kind of silly, this place felt more like a home than my actual home. You know", she said, finally turning around to face him.
"I mean, grace was more of a mother figure to me than my actual mom", she continued, stirring the coffee
Five simply nodded in understanding.
" all I wanted to do was make her proud, but it was always 'not now nyela' or 'im working nyela' ", she chuckled slightly, in a mocking voice.
" it did help a little, I'm not dependent on anybody, I learned to cook my own meals, I think I only studied so hard because it wasn't like she would make time to help me with my homework. I'm rambling, sorry", Nyela shrugged, taking a deep sip of her coffee.
Five frowned at her words, he put his hand on her shoulder and smiled, "hey fuck your mom, once she's old and crippled she'll see your name up in the lights and wish she could have been there".
Nyela laughed," maybe she will, maybe she will"