10

*A/N: Wow, guys. It's been a while. This was a draft I had so I'm going to publish it now. I don't know if anyone even cares about this story anymore lol. Well anyways for the people that do happen to read this, I'm sorry for abandoning the story and I hope you enjoy!!*

Jack awoke early the next morning on the beach next to the sleeping Rose. He stared at the waves crashing on the sand for a moment, and then looked at her. Gosh, she was beautiful.

A thought came to his mind... what if he and Rose went on a trip to Santa Monica! It had been a fantasy on the Titanic, but he wanted to make it a reality. Drinking cheap beer, riding the roller coasters until they threw up, riding horses on the beach, right in the surf, like a real cowboy of course!

Jack counted all the coins in his pocket. It was just enough for 2 train tickets to Santa Monica!! He quickly pulled a scrap of paper out of his pocket and scrawled a note to Rose on it.

Rose-
If you wake up and I am gone, I am coming back, I just have to do a little something.
Love,
Jack

Jack slipped the note into her hand and quickly got up. He ran up the beach onto the streets and kept running. As the railroad station came into view, he slowed down. The sun was beginning to rise, and he watched the sunset. The sky was beginning to become a rosy pinkish-red color. Beautiful, just like Rose.
Jack was so busy staring at the sky that he did not see the curb, and as his foot hooked under it, he fell forward and onto his face.
"Damn it!" Jack cursed. He was about to get up but then he noticed a long strand of twine. He decided to put it in his pocket and save it for later. Jack got up and reached the railroad station.
He walked up in line and a red haired woman and a dark haired man walked up behind him. Their voices sounded like Ruth and Cal's voices... Jack thought.
"Ugh, why do we have to stand in line behind a 3rd class rat?" The woman whined in her wealthy voice.
"I know. The polite thing to do would be to just let us go in front of him," the man hinted loudly.
Okay, now Jack was sure that the people were Cal and Ruth. They were so stuck-up and entitled. But this was horrible! What if they found out who it was?
"Oh shit, oh shit!!" Jack muttered.