Life questions

Rose took a deep breath. She was standing in front of someone who could be her love! Rose reached up to tap him on the shoulder, but then lowered her hand. 

No, he died. He froze to death in the freezing water, he can't be alive! 

Rose couldn't bring herself to do it. She knew that Jack couldn't be alive, and that looking at that man had given her false hope. Rose needed to move on, she couldn't let go of her promise with Jack. She sighed and walked away. Except for his girls in Paris, and probably a few other friends he had that had not been on Titanic, he hadn't had anyone. Jack now existed only in her and a few other people's memories. She needed to keep his memory alive. 

Seeing the man who looked like Jack had made her incredibly sad. But now as Rose stood thinking about him, she remembered that Jack was smart. He was a survivor. What if that man HAD been him? Rose made up her mind and started to run back to the street where she saw him. People were giving her strange looks but she did not care, she just hitched up her dress and ran even faster.

When she got back to where he had been standing a few minutes before, there was no one there. The artwork was still there but no one was watching it. She stepped towards the little drawing station and picked up a piece of artwork. Her heart fell as she she saw the signature: JDB. 

Rose glanced away as a tear slid out of her eye. It was not Jack. He really was dead. She slowly walked away, returning the the dock where the Carpathia had arrived in New York. The tears came more quickly now, but it felt good to cry. She stepped up onto the lower bar on the railing and raised her arms the way Jack had done with her on the ship. It was weird that that familiar motion felt completely different when she was doing it alone. 

*Author's Note: Sorry for the cliffhanger! I was try to update ASAP! And als I hope you are enjoying the story so far!!!*