𝟎𝟐 | 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Everything. There is so much that you don't know that has been right under your nose." The girl smirked at her.

"Like how vampires are real?" The Gilbert asked, knowing she sounded insane.

"Oh, honey. You're looking right at one." Adelaide felt fear run though her body.

"Stay away from me," she began to back away but then she felt and heard a gust of wind and her back hit something. Or well, someone. She quickly turned and saw the girl who looked exactly like Elena right in from of her.

"How?" She asked, trailing off.

"Like I said, I'm a vampire." The girl told her, "I'm surprised you don't know anything. Haven't the Salvatore brothers roped you into all this mess, like they did with Elena?" The girl walked away, to fill her drink back up. "I'm Katherine by the way."

"Why are you here? Where's Stefan or Damon? Or Elena?" her voice was rushed and panicked. She rubbed her neck and took a few steps away from the wall, but kept her distance from Katherine. 

"I don't know. Damon came here and placed you on the couch. All he told me was to make sure you were okay and safe." Katherine said, turning back to face Adelaide. "And you are, so..." Katherine gestured towards her.

"So...?" Adelaide was confused.

"Aren't you going to go?" Katherine asked her.

"No." Adelaide shrugged, "I don't want to talk to Elena right now. I'm going to wait for Damon. I want some answers."

"Okay, well. I'm going to go. Bye now." And then she was gone, leaving Adelaide alone in the Salvatore Boarding house, where she was going to wait for someone who can give her the answers she wants.

About an hour later, after looking around the Salvatore House she heard a loud thud come from the entrance. She walked from the living room to where the door was and saw Damon. And John's dead looking body on the floor.

"Oh my god, John." She rushed to check on him but Damon held her back.

"He's going to be fine." He told her. She fought to get out of his arms and pushed him away.

"You. You're involved with this. I want answers. And I want them now." Adelaide pointed her finger at him. He just rolled his eyes and ignored her, walking past the Gilbert and started to head upstairs. She followed him though.

"Damon, I want some answers. No. I need answers. So if you would please listen..." she was cut off as a door slammed shut in her face. She groaned and banged on the door, "you can't ignore me forever Damon."

"Yes, I can. I'm immortal. Remember. Or have you forgot seen as though you only found out a few hours ago." Damon's reply came from inside the what seemed to be a bathroom, with the sound of a running tap also hearable.

"Why and how would I be able to forget what has just happened?!" she didn't get an answer, "well, you can't stay in there forever." She said, crossing her arms over her chest, while speaking to the door.

"Watch me." He responded and she scoffed. She then barely heard Damon's phone ringing.

"Stefan? How'd I beat you and Elena home?" Damon's voice sounded through the door. Adelaide didn't know what was said on the other end of the phone but it didn't seem to be good because the next thing she knew Damon was throwing something around and she heard a lot of clattering before he was repeating "no, no, no," in a pissed voice. And then there was more smashing and clattering.

"Damon? What's going on?" Adelaide asked, worried, with her hands on the door. She didn't get a reply but not a moment later the door was bust open and she stumbled backwards. Damon came rushing out of the door, and down the stairs. She gained her balance quickly and followed him.