22

Troye Sivan

"Well if he wants to keep his job, he will do as he's told." I hear Jacob speak on the phone in his office as I'm sat on the sofa in the lounge texting my sister, Jesse a few spaces down watching some show on the telly. "Right, Susan? Or am I not clear enough with the regulations?"

Sage asks how London is treating me and if we can meet up sometime, me telling her how things are. The new, the unusual, the ups, downs, and all around, and of course replying that I would love to see her. She's wary of the arguments Jacob and I had, and I'm told to be careful, that this isn't like the first time. I understand that, so I assure her I've got myself under control, my wiry mind, and she so kindly comforts me with her support and love. I'm reminded that she is always here if I need to talk and she fills me in on what's happening in her life. We catch up as best we can through these messages and we're sending each other many love hearts until she has to get back to work and there's a clearing of a throat above me.

I look up, finding Jacob in front of me, tie loosened from around his collar and his button up pulled out from his trousers. "Hiya," I pip, taking his hands and pulling him against the sofa. He leans down and lets me hug him, I realise the time passed so easily I was so wrapped up in my conversation with Sage I didn't hear him finish up his business call.

"Everything okay?" I ask as he pats my head softly, moving my hair out of my face.

Too busy looking up at my beloved, I don't see Jesse turn down the volume and move around, but I can hear. Jacob nods, "Yeah, babe, I just gotta go into work today for a bit."

A small pout pulls down my lips and he gives an understanding look, "You can come with if you want, but I doubt you'll want to be around those people. I'll be in last minute meetings for the majority of the time."

"I will wait patiently," I state, "Maybe I'll even make friends with your juvenile delinquent for a few hours."

Shock places upon his face and he looks from me to Jesse, and back to me with a gruff look. "You be nice. You know what happens to naughty boys."

Refraining from rolling my eyes, I instead lean up and hold my lips up in the air, asking for a kiss. He places a hand on my cheek and tilts his head down to press his lips to mind, breathing in deeply and parting his lips against mine. All too soon he is pulling away and I'm reaching out for him.

He kisses my forehead and steps back, "Okay, I'll be back."

"Jesse, if you need anything, call for Margret. You both know where the food is and anything you'd need. I'm a call away if I'm needed." He grabs the attention of the boy on the couch with me, "Love you, pumpkin, see you around eight." He murmurs to me then goes and grabs his things, heading out the door and to his car.

I hang my legs off the sofa and stare down at the floor a moment, listening to Jesse sit up and move closer to me.

"So... wanna do something?" He questions.

I'm to my feet and walking to Jacob's room without a spare word, closing the door behind myself. I'm a sweetheart like that.

...

"Long day?" I ask as a weary-looking Jake walks through the bedroom door, suit jacket in hand as he nods and walks into the closet, hanging it up. He walks over to the foot of the bed and sits down, leaning over as he takes off his shoes.

"Come over here, pretty baby." He murmurs, glancing back at me from the side.

I crawl over and set my legs on either side of him, wrapping my arms around him and hugging him from behind. "I missed you," I mumble, pulling his shirt back over his shoulder and resting my cheek on it.