24

Jacob Bixenman

"For such a scrawny lad, your boy sure can punch," Jesse smirks as he takes his joint between his lips and inhales. I roll my eyes and nod, "Mhm, yeah... I'm sorry about him." ... "I think... I mean, what did you even do to antagonize him?"

"He's never lashed out like this, especially without reason," I add. 

Jesse passes me the joint and scoffs, "I didn't do shit." He continues, "I mean yeah, I may have said you only let him stay here for a fuck way back when..."

I choke out smoke as I hit it and glare over at the young boy. "You've got to be kidding me, kid," I mutter, clearly aggravated. 

He looks guilty, sinking in his chair as we're sat outside in the garden while Troye sleeps. I angrily inhale the smoke and blow it out in the other direction, watching as the flowers dip and sway in the breeze. "You know that is far from true," I grumble. 

"Is it...?" Jesse asks, "Because, from the way you've described this relationship, it sounds like you really only wanted him for a lay."

"Jesse!" I scoff, "Have you been smoking more than just weed, or are you out of your mind?"

He chuckles, "Wouldn't you like to know?"

I give him another disapproving look and pass the joint back to him, feeling like the worst influence ever. "I love that boy... even if he never touches me like that again."

Our conversation is cut off as we hear the front door creak open. I look over and see my beautiful boy step out, only in a pair of boxers, and I'm almost sad he had taken my shirt off since last night. "Ello?" Troye calls, as Jesse and I are a bit hidden from the daisies in my front garden.

"Over here, love," I call back and then muster up to Jesse to put out the joint. I know T said he doesn't mind that I smoke, but I don't think he needs to see this. 

That doesn't matter much as he walks over and sniffs in indifferently, "Smells like weed."

"Guilty," Jesse murmurs and gets up from one of two chairs, signalling for Troye to sit. 

"You're fine," Troye says, "Actually, Jake, can I have a minute with Jesse?"

Surprised, Jesse sits back down and I stand up, taking Troye's hand and guiding him to my seat, "Yeah, sure."

Jesse looks awfully uncomfortable, and I'm not sure if I really do trust the two alone right now. So yeah, maybe I did only go around the corner to listen and pretend I wasn't there, what about it?

"I... owe you an apology..." Troye starts.

"I think I do too, man," Jesse mumbles, "I was out of line."

"At least you weren't the one to hit a minor..." Troye says light-heartedly, trying to lighten the mood.

Jess lets out a small laugh, "Trust me, I've done much worse."

"I believe you. Anyway, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have taken my frustrations out on you. It's your room now, not mine, and you should do as you please. I just worry about our safety with you bringing your work into the house," Troye replies, trying to sound as respectful as possible. 

"I'm sorry too, I know it's risky, I just don't know how else to stay alive."

"You could get out of this, you know? You're young, you can start your own new life-"

Troye stops as my ringer goes off in my pocket, making me mentally slap myself in the face. I peak around the corner as I pull my phone out and answer the call from an unknown number. "Sorry," I whisper to the two of them as they roll their eyes at me simultaneously.