13

tw: too many references

Troye Sivan

I wake up again without you, your scent lingering all around my room. I know I shouldn't, but I miss you already. There's no text on my mobile, no missed call nor evidence of you reaching back out to me. I think that one over too much.

I don't change out of my clothes that day, scared to take the only piece I have of you away. At the shop, I tend to my flowers and I can't help thinking of you. You aren't very gentle with my petals, pulling as you please.

You're back to London, but I wish you would've flown elsewhere. A trip to my garden instead, where I've waited for you for too long. I could offer you my life and bloom just for you.

But you're too far gone both physically and mentally.

I don't expect to see you again unless it's in my dreams.

"How are you feeling, love?" Denise asks softly once I've gotten home.

Like I died every night waiting for you.

"My peonies have bloomed, I'm feeling okay." I mumble, dropping my stuff off at the front door and joining her on the sofa where she's knitting a violet scarf.

"Very pretty work, Denise." I compliment, laying down and pulling the sofa blanket up and over my body.

"Thank you, dear." She says.

And I think of texting you or maybe just calling you to hear your voice again. All I wish for is to hear your serene voice again as you tell me everything will be okay. That it's been a long day, baby, you need to get some rest. Go take care of yourself.

Alas, I sleep alone that night. No voice, no warm body, no gentle kiss goodnight. Maybe tomorrow I will focus on what I do have, instead of what I don't.

-

a/n: take a shot every time i reference bloom