10

a/n: hi angels how r u 💞

Troye Sivan

I wake up to a loud ringing from a mobile I know isn't mine. What kind of gay has their ringer on?

The sleeping Bix jumps awake from the spot on the chair and pulls his mobile from his pocket.

He clears his throat and looks to me as if to apologise, "Bi- ixenman Inc., Jacob Bixenman speaking."

I hear a little voice muffled as I rub my achy eyes and pull my duvet back over my body, it merely hanging off my thighs moments prior.

"Um- No, sir, I'm not interested in any lawn service. Good day." He says in a tone that could only be suspicious.

He hangs up the phone and sets it down, looking back over to me and staring me up and down.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

I don't bat an eye as I whisper, "I don't know."

"Can I come closer?" He requests.

I hesitate but nod timidly.

He stands up and walks to the bed, sitting down next to me and curling a hand into my hair, looking down at me in that protective little way.

"I'm sorry for all I've done." He whispers, "I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me one day."

I simply nod and close my eyes to savour the moment.

"I think maybe... in time I can understand why you did what you did." I murmur, "But I don't think my Mum and my sister will ever forgive you."

Taking me by surprise, he smiles the slightest.

"I'll put them on my schedule for weekly apologies, send roses, kiss their hands, I'll get on their good sides." He speaks with so much hope, it looks good on him.

"Get on the good side," I whisper.

"I will. I'm still here and I'm still trying."

And for a few minutes we just sat there staring at each other, hearts warm and brains scattered.

That day we didn't talk much. I ended up scooting over on my bed and made room for him. He laid on his side, holding his head up with his palm and petting my hair. We laid there as innocently affectionate as the old Jacob could be. I have a lot of questions, and he has a lot of explaining to do, but today all we did was be there. And when we did speak, it was for minor inconveniences like bellies rumbling, having to take a wazz, or our feeding addiction for smokes, the both of us having picked up the habit throughout the years. Nothing put a damper on us. We just... reconnected, honestly.