She was over the moon for her brother but she missed every big milestone in his life the birth of his son, his two weddings and his coming out, all because she couldn't stay on the right side of the law. She knew she had to ask him why the second she got home. "Debbie's been hanging around with your cousin Sandy a lot. Take that as you will. Carl, well you know all about him and Liam well, Liam's coping with Fi leaving and is learning a lot more about himself" Veronica finished as Missy nodded. She listened as the girls talked about school and how Kev and V attempted fostering after her but it wasn't the same. V talked about her medical truck and how business was booming until she had to shut it down and they all laughed.

"I spoke the Ethel while I was inside" she announced as V smiled. "You did, how is she ?" she asked excited as the girl put down her chicken leg. "She's definitely still got some unresolved trauma but her and Malik are in Missouri raising Jonah and Tomika, they got married and pregnant with a baby boy. She wants to call it Clyde, she really needs some therapy but she was generous when it came to commissary" she rambled on as Kevin smiled. "That's so good, she deserves it after all the shit that pervert put her through" he announced before covering his mouth after realizing he swore infront of the girls.

"How about you sweetheart, what have you been doing" Veronica asked Mike who just shrugged. "Not much, I ran away from the home and met a girl and we moved to Oklahoma before I turned eighteen but uh, she just wasn't right for me" he said before smiling at Missy who smiled back at him. "That's a shame though. You should try Holly Hermiker, I mean, she was a bitch but I heard she nicened up" she said, just trying to help as Mikes whole face dropped before nodding at her. "Maybe I will" he said, trying to put on an act as she nodded back at him.

"You should, if anyone deserves something good around here, it's you" she said before stuffing her face as Kevin and Veronica cringed at the pair infront of them while Mike took out his phone and pretended to text Holly.

"Miss, come on. Let's play some ball. I can't take this" Kevin announced before standing up and opening the door so she put down Scruffy, downed the end of her beer and followed him out. "Can't take what" she asked confused as he shoved her outside and waited until the door was closed before shaking his head. "What was that" he said with an eyebrow raised as she shrugged. "Mikes very lonely" she said before grabbing the ball and tossing it in the air.

"I'm seeing her tomorrow, my daughter. Carl came to see me during my shift just to say he'd be in the park tomorrow. What do you think that means" she asked, she was showing emotions which was hard for her since everyone in her life oppressed them expect for Kev and V, they always taught her that it was the most natural and healthiest thing in the world to do, so she only did it around them.

"He likes you" Kev said like it was obvious as her whole face lit up. "Carl" she asked hopefully but the man was quick to shook his head. "As much as I love the Gallaghers, no, he's been treating you like shit for years and didn't go there to see you tonight, he goes there twice a day everyday because all of the cops do. Mike's the one who likes you" he began as she burst into a fit of laughter before realizing he was serious and instantly shaking her head. "Why do you think he moved in here when you were with Jimmy-Steve. He talked about you all day every day" he said while tossing the ball as she ran to catch it. "He was just worried" she said while throwing the ball back to the man infront of her.

"I see what you can't" he said while spinning the ball on his finger as she raised an eyebrow. "Try me" she said as he nodded. "You met Mike the day I went to Mickey's with a gun. I saw how much he liked you even back then. You can deny it all you want Miss but he does. You like Carl because he's all you know. I just think you need to expand your horizons is all, Carl's spoken for" he preached as she sighed before sitting down on the grass. "What you do in my situation, with Danielle I mean" she began but the back door opened and Mike walked out.

"Hey Mike, you'll play with Miss won't you. It's just, she was so excited and I need to tap out" he said pretending to be out of breath as he tossed the ball to Mike, he caught it and ran down the steps to take Kevin's place so the man ran back inside before winking at Missy.

"Oklahoma" Missy said while looking up at the man she considered to be her best friend as he took a breath before sitting down next to her. "I can't lie anymore" he said through a shrug which made her raise an eyebrow. "There was no girl. I went to see some of my family,aunts, uncles. I heard they moved up there and uh. They uh-they don't want anything to do with me" he said trying to hide the pain in his voice but she instantly wrapped her arms around him. "I'm sorry" she whispered as he shook his head. "I was in care for a reason, right ? What was the point of even trying" he said while looking at her right in the eyes and for a split second, she felt something.

She tried to see what Kev was talking about, the boy definitely looked at her differently, he always did, it was what made Carl so jealous but she could never see it. They stayed staring at eachother for what felt like years, she could see every quality, every flaw and every insecurity Mike had just by looking in his eyes and she knew he could see it too and she was wasn't even mad about it.

She broke the eye contact by picking up the ball and starting a game. She laughed like she never laughed before and felt like she was playing professionally since he was so good. He chased her around her childhood backyard and was letting her win but she didn't even care. She held the ball over her head with victory and threw her head back with laughter as he ran at her and tackled her to the ground. "I won" he whispered as he tried to catch his breath and that's when she saw it. That twinkle in his eyes, the exact thing Kevin said he noticed.

He was leaning over her so she lifted her head up, he met her halfway before cupping her face and  pecking her lips, he regretted it the second he did it and instantly pulled away with his head in his hands. "Boundaries. Fucking hell Mike" he whispered as she pulled his hands away and kissed him, this time was filled with passion, like they wanted eachother for so long, and it was true, on Mikes behalf.

He pulled away with a massive smile on his face. "Uh, my place is free- I mean it's only me that lives but- no. Sorry. Sorry. I presumed" he began as she kissed him again and stood up. "Lets go" she whispered before climbing over Kev and Vs fence. She waved to them at the window as they smiled at her. Mike felt rude just sneaking out like that but once he saw Missy's smiled he followed her. This was the night he'd been waiting for for so long. He was in love with her, stuck in a deep unrequited love that hadn't gone away since the day he met her.