Chapter 29 - A Room Filled With People

"We're talking about a missing kid here!" Dean yelled, "A kid with absolutely no resources how hard can it possibly be to find her?" He was not happy. Charlie assumed it was because his bosses also wouldn't be happy that he lost one of the kids that he was supposed to be helping.

After Dr. Morgan alerted Charlie to the fact that Jemma was now missing. They were shuffled into an empty room along with all of Jemma's other doctors and a couple of security guards. Charlie overheard that the security guards had searched the entire hospital and they weren't able to find Jemma anywhere within it, which meant that she was officially missing. Which, also meant that they would have to bring in the police along with social services. This was the time that Dean Fallon was called in.

So now the once empty room was filled with Jemma's doctors, hospital security, at least two police officers, Dean the social worker, and of course they were forcing Charlie to be in attendance also. She would much rather be looking for Jemma herself, but they wouldn't let her leave so she was stuck watching and observing all of these people look for her friend.

They had asked Charlie if she knew where Jemma went or if she had any idea of where Jemma could possibly be. She said no of course. She was actually telling the truth this time, but if she did know where Jemma had taken off to, there was no way that she would tell them. Charlie knew that Jemma was strong enough and grown enough, she knew that Jemma has been taking care of herself long enough already. Charlie knew that if Jemma wanted to run, she would be able to take care of herself just fine. So, she was absolutely not going to help anyone in that room find her friend because even after what Jemma did she still trusted her.

..........

"We're going to have to ask you some more questions, Ms. Quinn." A police officer Charlie believed was called Officer Randall said to her.

"I told you I don't know anything already," Charlie responded now that Jemma wasn't here, at the hospital, she kind of wanted to just go home and sleep... in a bed... in her bed.

"Can I ask you a few questions anyway. You may know something that you don't think is important, but in this case, everything that you may know is important." Charlie knew the officer was going to start asking her questions no matter what she said next so she just shook her head yes, signaling for him to continue talking. "You left the room. You left Jemma's room. Can you tell me why."

Charlie has in fact already answered this specific question along with a bunch of others so she wasn't exactly sure why they felt the need to ask her and make her answer again but she did anyway. "Jemma asked me to get Dean so that she could talk to him. I went to go talk to Dr. Morgan so that she could call him." While Charlie was answering she just sounded board at this point.

"Why aren't you taking this more seriously Ms. Quinn?" One of the other police people asked as she came up behind Officer Randall.

Charlie made direct eye contact with the policewomen, detective, probably seeing as she wasn't wearing a uniform but had a badge resting on her hip. She didn't hesitate to say, "Jemma runs away all the time. It's in her blood. I'm not taking this more seriously because I expected it to happen. I know for a fact that Jemma is just fine off in one of her many hiding places." Charlie finished.

The women looked a little taken aback at first but she was able to recover pretty quickly. "Where exactly are some of these many hiding places?" She asked sure she would get a real answer this time. An answer that she hoped would be able to help in some way.

Charlie wasn't sure how to answer this question at first. She did know a couple of Jemma's hiding places and she knew that she would have to tell the police something, but she wanted to make sure that they wouldn't be able to find her. All of a sudden an idea popped into Charlie's mind. She was sure there was a light bulb lighting up above her head it was so good.

In order to help protect Jemma, she could tell the police something, something she knew for certain that would lead nowhere when it came to locating the missing girl. So in a cryptic tone, eyes still glued to the women detective, Charlie said, "I would start looking wherever Jemma got those pills."

Charlie counted her interference mission as a success seeing as the detective lady pretty much disappeared after she finished getting the words out of her mouth. Charlie: 1. Other people: 0.

Annoyingly enough Officer Randall said, "Can I ask you the rest of those questions now?"

Charlie groaned, she literally groaned out loud. She was officially annoyed, not that she wasn't annoyed before, it's just now it's official. She didn't want to talk to these people anymore. She did not want to be answering their questions, but she had been around the police before so she knew that she didn't really have a choice in this situation.

"Ask away what's your name." Charlie one hundred percent knew his name, but she took pride in the fact that he looked offended that she said she didn't. He probably thinks that he's somehow hard to forget. Charlie would certainly enjoy putting a dent in his oversized ego.

"What was Jemma's reas..." Before Officer Randall could finish his next question he was interrupted by someone walking into the now filled room.

"What the hell's going on?" That someone asked seconds after they barged in. Charlie recognized that voice and when she turned around she also recognized that face. Dr. Kent. Why he would care Charlie had no clue. She did know that he seemed to take a liking to Maddox, but Charlie knew there was no way that Maddox was involved in Jemma taking off, not a chance in hell.