Simple Things(Bodyguard:David Budd-Part 2)

*David's pov*

Three years had passed since those live changing events..Vicky and I fully divorced but our friendship grew stronger..my relationships with Ella and Charlie grew stronger as well...as for Adri and I we grew closer we welcomed a daughter Katlyn Grace that following summer she was simply perfect brownish hair with her mother's beauitful amber eyes and smile..Charlie and Ella were quite smitten with her as were we...we were enjoying a family holiday enjoying the warm weather Adri insisted Vicky came along who politely declined telling me it was my time with the kids and their time with their little sister...I stood watching Adri with the kids Ella was now 13..Charlie 11..and little Katy was newly 2...I smiled as I watched Katy standing beside her sister pink dinosaur in hand as Ella showed her the different flowers I smiled as Adri walked over ducking under my arm wrapping her arms around my torso "Hey love."

Adri smiled "Hi.."

I smiled "She having fun?"

She nodded "Ella is showing her the flowers but she's not far from Charlie.."

I nodded "You know I was kinda worried how they would be with her."

Adri nodded "I was too but look at them they love her and she simply adores them."

I nodded "Aye they do..."

She smiled "She adores her daddy too."

I smiled "Yeah...she loves her mummy."

Adri nodded "She does but that little girl is a complete daddy's girl."

I smiled "Nothing wrong with that..."

She shook her head "Not at all..."

I lifted her left hand the new jewelry resting on her finger her mother's engagement ring and a band I bought..3 weeks ago with the children, her family, and my parents we married...Ella was thrilled as was Charlie...I pressed a kiss to her hand "I love you."

Adri smiled "I love you too.."

I smiled "I think we've done alright."

She smiled "3 years and a beautiful little girl I think we've done alright."

I nodded "They believe I can stop therapy now."

Adri nodded "I can't tell you what to do Dave..not on this."

I nodded "I'm going to go once a week maybe every other week...I want to stay on top of it love especially with work....I don't want the kids to see me like that ever again."

She nodded "You do what is best for you...and I will continue to support whatever you decide."

I nodded "What's best for me is keeping my family safe...and for Katy to never see me like that for Ella and Charlie to never see me like that again...so I'm going to continue therapy."

Adri nodded with a smiled "Okay.."

I smiled "Yeah.."

She smiled as she looked towards the children Katy giggling as she ran "You do make cute kids Budd."

I wrapped both arms around her waist watching my children "I suppose I do."

Adri smiled "Guess that means you won't object to us adding another little one to this family?"

I sighed softly burying my nose in her hair "You're pregnant?"

She nodded "According to the two tests I took this morning."

I smiled softly "Another baby..."

Adri smiled "Seems so."

I smiled as Katy came running I moved scooping her up "Hi my little love."