Chapter Forty Three

Start from the beginning

"Hey Erika!" Christian threw his arms around my neck and pulled me into a bone crushing hug and Dakota just stood back and smiled leaning against the lockers.

"Hey Christian, where is your girlfriend?" I asked looking around for her.

"That bitch-I mean girl is so infuriating!" He corrected his choice of words as he ran his fingers through his hair and sighed exhaustedly. He started dating Jessica from class who put him in his place which was hilarious to me watching him squirm.

"What's up asshole?" Jessica poked him in the side, her tone serious but the smile that danced on her face showed she was kidding. His eyes melted when he pulled her against his body. They are a weird couple but hey opposites attract right? He didn't say anything he just nuzzled closer against her. It was nice seeing a softer more charming side of Christian.

"Ready to get going Barbie? My dad is expecting us for that board meeting in less than an hour." Dakota grabbed my hand and led us out to his car.

"Yeah." I smiled at him as he drove but kept stealing glances as he looked at me here and there while he drove. Dakotas dad started training me and I caught on very quickly and already knew just about everything that the job would entail. Rick announced that when Dakota and I graduate in just three more short months we will take over the company as partners and that in the meantime we will sit in on meetings and conferences.

He parked his car out front of his dads huge thirty story building and put the car in park. We got out and made our way inside of the elevator and pushed the button and waited as it carried us up to our floor.

"I need to put my stuff in my office I'll meet you in the conference room in a few?" I suggested and he turned to follow me.

"Go get us some coffee and I'll meet you there." I grabbed his collar and placed my lips on his. He nodded and turned to go towards the coffee stand and started to make us each a cup of coffee and I turned and walked down the hall to my office. My very own office! It was huge with a big bay window that captured all of the downtown lights. I walked into my office and walked straight to my desk without turning on the lights.

"About time you showed up bitch!" My blood ran cold throughout my veins at the sound of his voice. I didn't have to turn around to know who it was. Steve. I felt hands wrap around my neck. I gasped and dropped my purse hearing all of its contents spill onto the floor.

"What do you want Steve?" I asked ignoring his tightening grip on my neck.

"You took my job from me! On purpose, that's the only reason why you are involved with that boy." He spat and flipped me around so I was facing him. The sun had started to set but was still up enough that I could see Steve's anger swimming throughout his eyes. He was angrier than I had ever seen him and that terrified me.

"I didn't take the job from you! It was offered to me!" I screamed trying to get someone to hear me but he clamped his big hand over my mouth muffling my voice.

"You stole it from me! I've worked my ass off for this company for fifteen years and you waltz in and whore yourself around and now here you are still in high school taking my job!" He roared and released his hand from my mouth.

"Whore myself around? When Rick found out what you had done to me he didn't want you to run his company." I spat venom floating through my veins.

"He fired me because of you! You bitch!" I felt the back of his hand collide with the side of my face. I let out an ear piercing scream and did something I had never done before, I lunged at him. I caught him off guard knocking him backwards before he fell on the ground. I straddled him and pinned his arms down to the ground with my legs.