"Fine. . ." Neil cleared his throat. "Either way, the guy mentioned Blackwell's name before he passed out. Then Audra here grabbed me, said we needed to rescue Pax."

The three of them glanced at me. It was uncomfortable.

"Hmm. . . Blackwell, huh? I thought his name would come up." Hanz glanced briefly at Neil. "But what do you think was his involvement in this?"

"The rally, remember?" Neil shrugged. "I think it has something to do with that. I mean, don't you guys remember what they were saying on TV? About this Steven Blackwell guy creating a cure? Yada, yada, yada?"

The three of them quieted down.

Steven Blackwell, as the news said, was a geneticist who found out about the Gay Gene; XQ21, then told the world about it. With his discovery, there came a huge celebration at first. The lesbian and gay community, not to mention those that had a different feeling towards the same sex, weren't so abnormal as everyone else thought. The XQ21 was imbedded in our genes as per science. It was not a choice to be gay or lesbian. The genes that had made us like that was in our bodies all along.

But while people were celebrating, what happened next? Following the discovery of the Gay Gene, there was a social media scandal. A lot of information was leaked online. The biggest social media platform in the world had been secretly collecting data of all of their members. Through that, it was discovered that more people than were expected were actually gays and lesbians, all hiding behind their social media screens.

A statistic probability was made following this data. And if statistics were right, because there were a lot of gay and lesbians just hiding their true identities, by the year 2100, the natural births would be too low to sustain the world. It would probably be the extinction of the human race because there were no babies.

End of story.

Hanz, who was still driving in circles, scratched the back of his head and muttered. "So basically, they want to cure you guys so we can still have lots of babies in the future. That's it, isn't it? There's no other explanation. And on top of that. . . I can't believe the IVF is failing you too."

That was another issue. Someone suggested that IVF should be used instead of a so-called cure, to combat the failing birth rate apocalypse. And it was all fine and dandy, except that IVF's started failing like crazy recently. It was like a sudden twilight zone, all working bad, surely not in the LGBT community's favor.

XQ21 being discovered. The failure rate of the IVF. Finding out that there were too much gays and lesbians in the world. So now they had to create a cure to make us into a baby factory.

Neil harrumphed, sounding like an old man. "What I don't get is how the government agreed to this. Shouldn't this cover one of our amendments?"

"We still don't know what is happening exactly," Audra replied. "What we need to do is get our head's together, then we can all just plan."

"My house is nearby." Hanz volunteered, then looked at me for confirmation. "We can go there instead. We'll have Pax sorted out in there too. Man, she doesn't look good."

Okay, maybe I wasn't fine. Maybe my heart was beating too fast for me to comprehend. Maybe I was staring at the distance far too much. But wasn't that what all dead people did? Feel confused at first?

I mean, this was definitely surreal; me being in here. With Audra, whom I'd owed so much to. With Neil, whom I'd barely spoken to, but was now fighting with like cats and dogs. With Hanz, who I never thought would even know my name. Yet here we were in his supposed property. God, it was bizarre.