Chapter Fifteen: Rejections

Hello, Sinners~ :) and Happy Pride Month!! ❤🏳🌈

I really hope you are having an amazing day because you are ALL amazing and wonderful human beings that deserve nothing but positive and happy things in life. ☆

I love you all dearly, and I hope you enjoy the chapter! (✿◠‿◠)

***

~3rd Person POV~

As Tyler's lips neared yours, the sound of your quickening heartbeat reverberated in your ears. His hand reached towards you and tenderly grasped ahold of your cheek with delicacy and in heartfelt gesture. Your heart rate only accelerated, thumping so hard against your ribcage you thought Tyler could perceive the sound for himself. You couldn't do this, you just couldn't. It didn't feel right or proper in its place. He was so close to your face, his lips adjacent from yours. You felt his hot breath just barely caress your lips with a soft breath. His brown eyes were already sealed closed behind his eyelids, entranced by the moment. He wasn't able to see the prospective of your panicked stricken expression and the hesitancy in your eyes.

In his mind he thought about how you held a natural, gorgeous beauty- an attraction so strong that no one could resist your charms, not even himself. Not that he tried to ignore his feelings; he wasn't ignorant to how he felt, he was mindful to the powerful emotion of love that always stimulated in his chest and fluttered his heart whenever you were around him and whenever the two of you socialized with one another. He yearned to be with you, he wanted a more intimate relationship with you instead of being stuck as nothing more than just a friend. Josh, being his number one best friend, effortlessly became aware of Tyler's feelings directed towards you, and informed him to at least make an attempt to win over your heart. And so he did. He awaited for the perfect moment, and settled on the date of your birthday that he'd finally admit his true feelings for you.

By granting his request and accepting to go out with him, and by allowing him to hold your hand and not comment on any of the romantic notives he sent your way, he assumed you possessed the same feeling of fondness towards him. Ecstacy traveled throughout his body and left a tingling feeling of excitement, his heart throbbing in joy at having the chance to kiss you. But before his lips could attach onto yours, you tightly clenched your eyes shut and leaned away from Tyler.

“I-I can't...” you mumbled as you faced away from him, not wanting to view his reaction.

“H-huh? W-why?” he stuttered out in a quiet, mortified tone- his voice breaking lightly from sorrowed emotion. “I really like you, (Y/n). I really do.. and I want to be in a relationship with you...” the distraught was evident in his voice, and you knew instantly that your decision broke his heart.

At that moment you knew Tyler hated you with every fibre of his being. Because of refusing to be with him, he was going to loathe you forever now- he was not ever going to forgive your selfish actions. You ruined things like you constantly did. No matter where you were- what you were doing- there was always a way you would mess things up. As long as your atrocious existence was still standing on the planet, you would disrupt the lives of everyone around you.

'That's why you should die, you dumb bitch,'

'Why are you still alive?'