Chapter Fourteen: Special Surprise Part Two

~3rd Person POV~

You pulled the hood of your MCR sweater over your head and tucked your hands in the sweater pockets. Currently, you and Tyler were in his car driving along on an empty road, the odd car passing by here and there. He was driving somewhere you didn't know. He said he wanted to 'surprise' you so he didn't say where he was going. You didn't mind; it was rather cute of him to invite you out on your birthday.

You leaned your head against the glass, blankly watching as the world sped passed the window. The seemingly never ending trees on either sides of the road whipped by- they'd be gone as quick as they came. You and Tyler have only been on the road for at least ten minutes and judging by where ever the hell you were, it was definitely far away from any other residents.

Tyler kept stealing glances in your direction. You were unaware of this, and his flustered nature when he was around you. For the hundredth time, his brown eyes landed on your reflection in the rear view mirror. He adjusted the mirror slightly to get a better viewing of your face. He couldn't help but gaze at your beauty, a blush creeping onto his face. The early morning sun streamed through the window and casted a warm glow on your features. Knowing that he was driving, he removed his gaze and kept it locked into the road with his eyebrows furrowed. His hands were slightly shaking from nervousness as he gripped onto the wheel. He gulped and tried his best to focus on driving. But he couldn't since the girl he liked oh so dearly was so close to him.

Watching the trees speed by the window made you feel slightly nauseous. Figures since you haven't been out of the house in quite a while, so naturally it made you feel somewhat sick. You averted your eyes away and looked towards Tyler. It didn't take long for you to notice his shaking hands so you asked him, "Are you alright, Ty?"

This seemed to shock him as he jumped ever so slightly in his seat. He looked over at you with a nervous smile and said, "Y-yeah. I'm good." he said in a timorous voice, and darted his vision to the road again.

You quirked a brow at this. He was acting highly strung and it was clear he was anxious. But for what? You decided not to press on. It was probably nothing. The air was thick with tension, the only sound filling the gap of silence being the cars engine. There wasn't even music playing on the radio. Eager to break the almost suffocating silence, you changed the subject and asked, "Are we there yet?" your voice sounded whiny, as if you were child.

Tyler, now less tense, chuckled at this.

"Almost. Just hold tight for a little longer, eh?" he gazed over at you. That's when he did something unexpected.

He reached his hand out and rested it on your thigh.

At this you almost gasped, your eyes enlarged slightly. You felt the warmth from his strong hand seep through the fabric of your pants.

Your cheeks are suddenly kissed pink like a spring rose, the blooming color so cute against your skin. The heat spread throughout your face, and you faced away from Tyler to keep your flustered visage hidden, and found a distraction by looking at the outside world.

Your breathing hitched in your throat as you felt him gently squeeze his hand around your thigh. You felt his eyes on you and you tried not to seem noticeably flushed although it was difficult. When you felt his eyes move off of you, you sighed inaudibly.

The drive from there on was silent, but it seemed a more relaxing silence for him and awkward silence for you as he still kept his hand on your thigh. Sometimes he'd slowly move his hand as if he were caressing your thigh which only made you blush even more. You never had something like that done to you, and thought of it being in a friendly gesture and nothing more.