Rescue Mission III

Alexander stepped out. He saw Laure- possibly Andrew walk out of the house. Mikael stepped out next to him. The guns were all pointed at them.

"I had only heard that Mikhael Endrizzi would do anything for his brother, including risking own life, I suppose?" asked Laure, glaring
balefuly at them that Alexander was reminded of the kid he once was.

"Are you- Do you remember me from your childhood Laure?" asked Alexander, walking forward even though guns were pointed at him.

Laure glared at Alexander but the intense look on his face made Laure break the contact.

"Of course, I remember you. And I hate you for making me trust you as a kid. You killed my parents," said Laure, gun raised in his hand.

"Why did you not kill me the first chance you got?" asked Alexander approaching him.

" And take the fire myself and burn my aunt down with me? No," said Laure.

"Do you remember everything in your life before you met your aunt?" asked Alexander.

Laure looked at him. Alexander's eyes however flicked between Laure and Ezra who was tied up and looking at him with a smile on his eyes.

"Why does it matter?" asked Laure his jaw clenching.

"What did I ask you Laure?," asked Alexander.

This had caught Laure off guard.

"Yeah, never realised a question answer session is going on. How about I just off this cunt now that he has served his purpose" asked Sana and raised her gun at Ezra.

Laure only had a moment to look at Ezra's scared face and he jumped. The bullets fired. One after the other three bullets struck Laure who fell on Ezra.

Ezra looked at Laure who was looking at him. Everything was a blur then, Mikhael and the guards were shooting left and right. Ezra realised they were in a car, that Laure was bleeding on his lap as they sped out.

"I am sorry," said Laure to Ezra.

"I am pregnant," said Ezra to Laure who was just looking at him fighting to stay conscious. Alexander and Mikhael looked at each other.

"I am so sorry. Just tell them to be a better person," Laure managed to say, stuttering and coughing between it.

"Kiddo, you are safe," said Mikhael who carried Ezra in to the hospital as Laure was taken in by the hospital staff.

Laure was taken into the surgery. Ezra saw Miguel run in. Alexander sat on his left. He was using his brother as a pillow. He hugged Miguel tight as he cried. He saw his brother also had wound. Miguel was hugging both of them together.

"Who has can sign the patient'e files?" asked a nurse.

"I will," said Alexander.

"Your relationship to the patient?" asked the nurse.

"Brother," said Ezra when Alexander remained silent. He leaned onto Alexander's shoulder.

"Your name sir?" asked the nurse, she was trying to not look in awe at Miguel.

"Alexander Almaraz," said Alexander and the notepad fell from her hand. She looked pale as she picked it up again.

"But sir the patient's card said his name is Loreno Sanchez," said the nurse, her voice breaking.

"Yeah, but he is Andrew Almaraz. I would like you to also contact the authorities," said Alexander.

She nodded looking bewildered.

They called up the cops and authorities. The chief cop walked over to them.

"So, I can close the missing case? I have sent his blood for DNA test. Your blood or hair will also do good" said the old man.

Alexander did not protest as his blood was taken.

"You are just like your father, the nerve to give your blood samples to the cops," said Florentino, the cop.

"Well, your man crush on dad is showing," said Alexander.

"Do shut up kid. I always told him you have a tongue on you. It's from your mother," said Florentino and got up.

"Take care," he told all of them and left.

"Did dad actually have a crush on that man?" asked Athen.

Alexander's heart warmed every time they addressed his father as 'dad'.

"Mom used to say if dad and Florentino met each other before he met her, they would have been married," said Alexander.

"So dad was bi?" asked Juan trying to distract themselves from the situation.

"He was just gay and never came out. It was 40 years back. They had been married five years before having me. They would have destroyed him at that point in time. He never could live as himself, identify himself for what he is," said Alexander and looked away.

"He loved mom too much to hurt her. So, he lived as a proper straight man," said Alexander.

"I only remember brief visits from Florentino. If he was that close to mom and dad, he should have visited us more often right?," said Sage.

"Well, he doesn't come home because of me. I remind him too much of mom and dad," said Alexander.

"So, Laure is actually Andrew?" asked Jules who was standing next to Mikhael, a hand around the man's shoulder.

All fell silent.

"Yes," said Ezra. Ezra's hand was resting on his stomach and it never left.

"And I thought I taught you all about protection. But hell, now Syrus will have a little brother and I will have a new baby to pamper," said Miguel smiling. Ezra nodded trying not to cry.

"I know I should hate him. I do too but I - I " Ezra broke down crying.

"You don't have to hate him. He was manipulated from the age of six by Eleanor," said Alexander.

"How do we know this is not a lie?" asked Jules. Alexander knew why Jules was so angry. Laure/Andrew was best friends with Jules.

"Because for one the DNA test, for another I can feel it and even if it's my mind playing tricks, there is still the fact that Eleanor will have to take polygraphic tests while talking to the cops. The pictures and other stuff we got from her house is proof enough too," said Alexander and got up.

He looked at Miguel.

"I need to go with Florentino. His sample blood is with me. I don't want her playing with that kid anymore. Even if he turns out to be not Andrew. Eleanor's family had no kids and her brother was sterile after he injected a drug himself. The drug was very popular at the time and the affect on him was the topic of discussion underground at that point. Atleast that is what I remember dad saying. Well, overheard dad saying," said Alexander making all of them snort. He dropped a kiss on Jules's head too and left nodding to Mikhael.

----------------

What do you think guys? Will Laure/ Andrew survive? What name do you prefer to hear him called even though his given name is Andrew? Andrew or Laure?