My Donna

Miguel couldn't believe that the kiss happened. But the tingle on his lips was still there, two days after the kiss. He scowled. They lost the last match and the confusion along with the frustration was getting to him.

"Mig, we need to go watch the movie," said Syrus.

"Ask one of your uncles," said Miguel, distracted.

"But I want you," said Syrus.

"Don't be stubborn Syrus, go ask one of them," said Miguel.

"But, I want you," whined Syrus stomping his feet on the ground.

"Well you don't get everything you want always. Don't behave like a spoilt child. Go away and do something else. Leave me alone for five seconds. I am not your mom," snapped Miguel and regretted every word that came out of his mouth the moment he looked at Syrus's face.

Syrus ran off. Miguel closed his eyes and rushed behind the kid. He found Syrus in his bed rocking himself clutching Don saying 'he hates me'.

Miguel felt a tear drop slide down his eyes seeing the boy like that. He rushed to the kid's side and enveloped him in a tight hug.

Big beads of tears were leaving Syrus's eyes which Miguel wiped off.

"I am so sorry baby. I am so sorry. I was angry about something else and not at you okay. And I don't hate you. You are my most favourite person in the world," said Miguel.

"S true?" asked Syrus with a big pout.

"Yes it's true. You are my most favourite person," said Miguel truthfully. He absolutely loved the kid and would die for him.

"Good, you are my favorite too," said Syrus.

"What about father?" asked Miguel.

"He is my mo'st favorite too," said Syrus.

"I see," said Miguel.

"We will watch UP now okay?" asked Miguel rocking the kid in his arms.

"Okay," smiled Syrus. His teeth were looking fragile. They need to see a dentist soon. And, then Miguel froze. He had shouted at Syrus that he is not his mother. But he was behaving exactly like that.

He turned and saw Alexander at the door.

"I will just talk to your father and be back, okay?"asked Miguel and Syrus nodded. Alexander looked at Miguel whose face had dried tear tracks.

"Did you cry?" asked Alexander.

Miguel looked at him.

"I think everyone gets angry about something when caring for a child. It happens or that what Izabel says," said Alexander.

Miguel nodded but a tear drop slid down his eyes as he remembers how he shouted at Syrus.

Alexander moved closer and wiped his eyes. Miguel did not move away.

"I can't believe I am getting parenting advice from Alexander Almaraz," said Miguel.

"You do realise no one calls me my full name," said Alexander.

"I will, occassionally," said Miguel.

"About that, Miguel, I did not imagine myself finding a Donna ever. But now- ," Alexander broke off.

That felt like a slap on Miguel's face. The guy had the audacity to kiss him and then-

"Who is she?" asked Miguel, furious, biting down his anger and maybe jealousy.

"You," said Alexander.

Miguel does not know how he felt in that moment. He looked at Alexander.

"You like the idea of me. This family thing we have going on," said Miguel after a moment's silence.

"Maybe. But I don't think so. I am not looking for my one true love. I trust you, I like you and I want you," said Alexander, his arm reaching around Miguel's waist and pulling him closer.

Miguel looked at him.

"I get everything I want," said Alexander.

Miguel snorted.

"Maybe. But I have a very powerful army on my side," said Miguel and sure enough, they heard the call for Mig.

Alexander knew he was in the disadvantage, but he was going to make Miguel his Donna.

"Miguel Alexander Almaraz sounds nice, don't you think?" asked Alexander.

Miguel pushed the man out of the room and walked back to Syrus the all powerful to watch UP.

Miguel's mind was racing. The bastard. How cooly he has proposed marriage. It is not like be believed in one true love either. The thing is he already likes Alexander in his own way. He can't kid himself and think that he doesn't care for Alexander. He had whined like a teenager after the kiss.

He scowled. But that does not mean he will just agree to spend the rest of his life with that man.

He spent the day in the place. He has a room of his own here which goes to show how much he stays over.

He checked in on all the six kids to be sure that they all were asleep before he left for his room. He decided to check in on the man too. He saw the guy deep in thought as he went through some documents.

"It's 11 in the night already," said Miguel.

"We are not married yet," said Alexander, amused.

"And we wouldn't be. Because if you keep that smug look up, I will kill you," said Miguel.

Alexander looked at him.

"You say such sweet nothings," said Alexander standing up and walking over to his bed.

Miguel glared at him.

He walked over to Alexander's side. He sat down beside the man.

"If I marry you, I will be the only one? I know mafia bosses take mistresses-

"I won't and no, not all mafia bosses take mistresses or fuck anything that moves," said Alexander.

"If," said Miguel.

"When," said Alexander.

Miguel almost hit the guy on his face.

Instead, he walked away. Non violence pays off well. He had never imagined himself getting married. However, the prospect of being Alexander's other half appealed to him. He absolutely has a crush on the giant asshole.
In the beginning, he had come back not just because of the kids, but also because of this guy whose subtle presence always made his heart beat rise.

He curled into the blankets in his room thinking of the maybe's.