I am not 'scared' of HIM!

Miguel opened the door to his house for the man and walked away. He wanted time to process it.

"Syrus is in my room. He will sleep with me in my bed," said Miguel, not inviting any sort of counters.

He went and curled around Syrus who snuggled closer to Miguel.

_____________

Alexander removed his coat and slept in the sofa. It was not comfortable but it should do.
He definitely did not expect Miguel to see anything. But he has and that changes everything.

___________

Miguel had asked them the last name and Juan gave it after hesitating a bit. Almaraz.

Miguel sighed as he heard the name. No one has not heard the name. Almaraz was the biggest crime family in Italy. Alexander Almaraz is the name that brings nations on its knees. Miguel looked at the man who was asleep on his couch. He had expected a old dirty, cruel man in this place.

They had a subdued breakfast and the kids realised that Miguel knew. They all left after stilted good byes.

_______________

Alexander walked into the den. He saw the lights were out. It was match night. Usually the kids go to the stadium. Today they were in the game room and Juan sat with Syrus who was not even playing. Syrus was laying across bed, Don clutched in one arm.

The team lost their first match. The house was so subdued that Alexander reached his breaking point. He knew what caused this.

____

He left and drove to Schwatz mansion. He had thought he would also out at the guy. But he walked in on the guy punishing himself as he hit the punch bags.

"My boys are not involved with the Mafia. They never will be if I have anything to say about it. Don't do that to them," said Alexander.

Miguel looked at him.

"I- I didn't intend to ignore them. I just didn't know how to walk back in there," snapped Miguel.

Alexander caught the punching bag.

"You know you wouldn't be anywhere closer to my boys if I thought you were a threat? Don't hurt them," snapped Alexander.

"I told you I did not intend to," snapped Miguel.

"Then what the fuck?," asked Alexander.

Miguel looked at Alexander.

"I was just letting it sink in, okay?" snapped Miguel.

Alexander sighed.

_____________

Miguel went to the house the next day. He looked at all the six down faces and started speaking.

"See, I am so-

He was enveloped in hugs soon enough.

Miguel patted all of their head and then dropped a kiss on their foreheads and picked up Syrus.

"We thought you were angry with us," said Jules.

"Of course not! I was just letting it sink in," said Miguel looking at all the kids. Syrus was just tightly wrapped around him.

Seeing them then, Alexander realised it was not some crush, but genuine familial love. They see a parental figure in Miguel.
_____________

Things got back to somewhat normal with the kids. Things between Miguel and Alexander were stilted as usual. Alexander watched as Miguel was around the kids. He had Syrus in his arms as he rocked his son gently.

His son.

He had been shocked when the boys taught Syrus to call them uncles, saying brother is too old for them. And that would make him Syrus' father.

_____________

Alexander liked watching Miguel. No one challenges him. Miguel does. And even after he realised what Alexander does, the insolence is still there and Alexander loved it. He was working out when Miguel found him.

"You asked for me," said Miguel.

"I did," said Alexander.

Two of his immediate lieutenants Hames and Laure brought the laptop.

"Press your thumb there and authenticate your addition into the list of permitted entries," said Alexander.

Miguel looked shocked.

"You are not kidding me?" asked Miguel.

"No," said Alexander.

Miguel did what he was asked to do and the lieutenants left.

____________

Miguel couldn't take his eyes off the man. His muscles flexed as he worked out. There were ten connected tattoo on his body.

"You have tattooed the kids on your body, the others should be Izabel and your parents," said Miguel.

Alexander looked up and managed to hide his surprise well, if he was surprised at all.

"And this must be the mafia one," he said eyeing the bigger one on his arm.

"Yes," said Alexander.

Miguel just looked at the man. He looked like simply a family oriented hot guy when he stands there. The knowledge that he is the most powerful Mafia don in the world, does not decrease the charm. Only increases the worry. What will happen to the kids? How will he even manage to protect them all and himself? Everyone gets hit at some point, don't they?

"They don't even know to hold a gun. How will they survive if something happens to you?" asked Miguel.

Alexander looked at him. There was complete silence. He realise more than 25 of his men were around. But Miguel refused to look away.

"And I assume everyone know that your soft spot is your boys. I don't see what gives you the confidence to leave them vulnerable. You should teach the boys to atleast protect themselves," said Miguel.

"There are other security measures in place," said Alexander calmly.

"And you think they are infallible. If I have leaned anything , it is that no one is infallible. Take that from a 'narcissistic' footballer as you call me. Oh, I know. Your son never stops talking about you," said Miguel. This time, Alexander is unable to hide his surprise.

Miguel sighed.

"For a mafia boss, you are an idiot," he said.

Alexander raised an eyebrow but looked away.

"I will take leave then," said Miguel.

Alexander nodded.

______________

Alexander opened the locked he had been kept locked since his parents' time. He opened the box and found his mother's ring. It was the ring passed down from one Donna to another. Only the model will be the same, new ones are made every time.

Alexander ran his hand through the ring. It will belong in Miguel's fingers. He never realised he wanted a Donna. However, Miguel- he wanted Miguel, for himself.

___________