"What are you doing here?" Armelius inquires before I could say something to Haestus.

"I... was looking for some books..." He trails off while looking around. I don't know but the way he spoke seemed odd. The way his eyes flickers when he looks back at me, tells me that he is hiding something.

"Books on what?" Armelius further asks before stepping deeper inside the library. Haestus again looks around before answering after a brief silence.

"Witches..."

"Witches? You're looking books on witches?" Armelius asks in astonishment.

"Yes," Haestus answers.

"What do you want to know about that malicious group of women?" Armelius asks. Haestus growls lowly at him.

"Just hand me the books already," Haestus commands.

"They're at the back in the forbidden section," Armelius says rolling his eyes. Haestus nods before walking deeper inside the library and disappearing behind the bookshelves.

"Give me a sec," I tell Armelius before heading the way where Haestus went.

"Haestus," I call out for him. He turns around to look at me and nods.

"Your Highness,"

"Cut this bullshit, Haestus," I growl at him and he rolls his eyes before turning around to face me.

"Okay, Luna. How can I help you?" He asks politely. There's a hint of impatience in his voice as if I am interrupting him.

"How did you know I am your Luna?" I asked tilting my head at him. He looks confused before answering me, "You're the mate of Arles, which makes you our Luna..."

"No, no, no, Haestus. I remember you almost called me Luna in Zesux's Cave when I went to do the first task. I was 17 then. Neither I nor Arles knew about us being mates. How did you know we were mates even before us?" I ask, stepping closer to him. I see his eyes grow bigger as if I have caught him doing something wrong. He looks around to make sure that no one's around before stepping closer.

"What are you talking about, Nefret?" He growls lowly at me. There's this fear and surprise in his eyes that tells me that he knows a lot more than he wants anyone of us to know. He looks like a thief caught robbing in the middle of the night.

"Haestus, you know what I am talking about. Now, answer me." I command, looking him dead in his eyes. I know that there's something he's hiding.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Nefret..." He trails off before stepping away and turning around to walk away deeper in the library. I follow him, stubborn to get any kind of answer from him.

"Haestus, if you don't tell me then I'll tell Arles about you helping me with the tasks," I threaten and surprisingly he stops walking. His body freezes before he turns around to look at me with horror in his eyes. I know I have hit the right button.

"What do you want from me, Nefret?" He asks looking at me with frustration and fear.

"I want to know how you knew about me and Arles being mates even before we found out ourselves,"

"Look Nefret, it's impossible to –"

"I am going to Arles then," I say before spinning on my heels and storming the way I came.

"Okay, wait!" I stop and turn around to look at him. He looks scared and angry at the same time.

"Come with me," He says before sighing and turning around to walk deeper into the library. I follow him silently, watching him closely. His shoulders are tensed and his movements are very stiff.