Devotional Sustenance

—Chapter 15–
Devotional Sustenance

The raven eventually got herself ready after hours of resting with her companion by her side. She appreciated how he stay materialized despite that he didn't need to. His affections were definitely one-of-a-kind even if most of them were more on the flirty side.

"Let's go, milady." He held his hand out as the raven adjusted her coat. "Okay," she responded, taking his hand as he pulled her close. The male then began to leap from building to building as his companion concentrated on the natural mana. "I... can't sense anything abnormal now. She masked her presence."

"Coward," the Celtic said with annoyance leaking through his voice as they stopped on the top of one of the city buildings. "Looks like we're gonna have some time to ourselves before we resume. Any ideas on what?" She thought for a moment before her stomach answered for her. "...You didn't hear anything, mo ridire."

The male smirked, chuckling a bit. "Are you sure, princess? I think I heard it quite clearly." Her face flushed as she turned away pouting. The blue haired male took a step forward, leaning towards her petite body. "Shall we rest and get some food milady?" She just nodded as she gazed at the scenery that was before her. He looked at the outlines of her pristine body, seeing how there were multiple times where he would love time to stop.

"Let's go back to your place, I can whip something up for you." The raven turned around, her eyebrow arched in quite interest. "I wasn't too sure about last time but... you know how to cook, Lancer?" He shrugged nonchalantly. "I know enough to survive and enjoy some good food."

"Will it be another surprise, mo ridire?" The male thought for a moment. "You'll find out soon enough. Come on, let's get going." The raven was picked up by the Celtic as he then leaped back to the apartment building. The feeling of the Celtic's heaving chest eased the raven tremendously. She felt like with someone like him here, she didn't feel lonely anymore... especially after a decade without any family nearby.

The two eventually arrived back at the apartment, the raven fell on her back onto the couch. "Cú, do you mind if I rest while you cook?" He chuckled, leaning over the couch to see the female somewhat sprawled out on the soft cushions. "By all means. You're still not 100% on your mana so you'll need it. Unless you want me to join you in that comfort of yours." It didn't even take a second before the female covered her face from the redness as she turned away from him. His bellowing laughter echoed as he stepped away from couch and towards the kitchen.

She stared out into the open space in front of her as the Celtic toyed around with the pots and pans within the kitchen. 'If... Caster isn't by the temple anymore, where would they be? I don't even know the Masters of the opposing side so all I can rely is by myself and Cú. I'll have to be very careful especially around her... I don't like how she uses magic in that particular way.' She motioned the rune Kenaz with her index finger, eventually waving the glowing green light rune around to draw random shapes.

'I should probably get back to him and report what I discovered. I don't even like getting near that place...'  The raven softly sighed as anger slowly pented up within her chest. 'I should also find out how many servants are there left.' She subconsciously wrote the Celtic's name in the air, following up with a heart. 'We'll eventually part ways after this war...'

"Hey now... Don't be drawing random shapes with my name, princess." She swiftly turned, only to not see the male nearby. The raven sat up, seeing the male still within the kitchen area. "I can see the light from here." Her cheeks felt warm as she saw him in her kitchen attire. 'That's... Why does he look good in that apron...'