Epilogue

—Epilogue—

It has been two years after the Fifth Holy Grail War. The raven moved to London as per request from the Mage Association. The uncanny rumors about her as a Green-ranker reappeared once more, yet the raven did not care. Her motivation was not to provide information for the novice mages but rather to obtain resources for the summonings. To stay in Fuyuki City and find materials or work as a professor and have it readily accessible? The latter seemed like it was a better idea. So she worked as a professor assistant under the Lord El-Melloi II—aka Waver Velvet; the survivor and participant of the Fourth Holy Grail War.

Ever since Yuuki moved to London, almost every free time she had, she would secretly attempt to summon the Celtic. For every attempt, it ended up in nothing but failures. Whether it be due to not being the right timing or not the right materials, nothing seemed to work for her. She even used part of her blood, for her mother was partially Irish despite the lack of Irish physical appearances—only her emerald eyes.

One time, she attempted to summon him... The location she used blew up in flames, but luckily no one was around and that it was inhabited by anyone in general. This particular attempt gave her a scar on her right cheek, to which she didn't even care for removing it. She just left it there. When she went in for work, Waver questioned how she obtained the scar. The raven just answered that she was experimenting for a new recovery spell but it backfired. Her senior's brow rose with questionable comments but chose to stay quiet.

When she first arrived at Clock Tower, her eyes were voided from existence. Her once bright emerald orbs were filled with darkness and despair. Her soul has yet to disappear hence why Waver decided to take her in as an apprentice. Within months... despite her heartbroken soul wandering, she completed every task that was given to her. That's why her role rose to be his assistant.

— — —

Lord El-Melloi II gave the raven a week off. It wasn't that she did not complete the tasks for that week, her mentality was at the brink of breaking at any second. He clearly saw that something caused her to become like this—he knew that any association with the Holy War could mentally scar one's mind. "Yuuki-kun, go home and rest. I'm not letting you plague my lecture hall with that type of mentality. Let me know via phone call once a week has gone by so I can assess your mind once more."

She complied and rested at home for half a week. However, it was such an unproductive time period that she lost her appetite and had only a beverage once every so often. Her hair was much longer now for it has fallen below her shoulder blades. Her eyes were completely dulled out and more scars had appeared across her skin. The only thing that was in top shape was the crescent pendant around her neck.

Her soul was lost when she left the Celtic back there to disappear. The more she tried to recall his voice, the more it disappeared from her mind. Within a year, she couldn't recall his voice anymore. The only things that kept her functioning were the latent rune on her nape and the active magic circuits within her left arm scar. She knew that if he were to see her appearance right now, he would complain that she wasn't productive and should be taking care of herself more. She broke down a few times when no one was around just so her bottled feelings didn't overwhelm her.

The fifth day of her resting period Yuuki decided to have this as her final day to attempt another summoning. If it didn't work this time, she would fully give up and dedicate her life towards the Clock Tower and their research. She packed a bag filled with the necessary items along with a small jewelry box that was maintained quite often. She changed into an oversized gray hoodie and navy jeans before heading out to another obsolete location—it was an abandoned one-story house.

She carved the summoning circle onto the wooden floor as she placed a catalyst in the midst of the runes. She dropped lilac petals and a single gardenia—both reminded her of the past as a child. The raven pricked her finger, letting the blood flow for a bit onto the circle as she chanted the incantation...

Petals of life and silver to the origin.
Gem and the archduke of contracts to the cornerstone.
The alighted wind becomes a wall.
The gates in the four directions close, coming from the crown, the three-forked road that leads to the kingdom circulate.
Shut and fill five folds, repeating five times.
Simply shatter once filled.
———I announce.
Your self is besides me, my fate is yours.
In accordance with my sole desire, if you abide by this feeling... this reason... Then answer my plea.
Here is my oath.
I am the one who becomes all the good of the world of the dead, I am the one who lays out all the evil of the world of the dead.
You, seven heavens clad in three words of power, arrive from the ring of deterrence, O keeper of the balance...

The surge of wind surrounded the female as dust picked up and the bright blue light filled the room. She shielded her emotionless eyes before she saw a person standing in front of her—but not who she hoped for. It seemed like a male with a robe-like appearance with a hood over their head. They held a fanciful staff within their hands.

"Oh? I guessed I materialized as a Caster this time. Are you my Master?" She nodded, quite unsatisfied with her results. The raven wanted the Celtic, not some sage-like person. "What's with your vitals, Master? I'm sensing instability. Are you alright?" She shook her head as she fell to the ground, covering her face with her hands. She wanted to cry but no tears came out so she sighed. "Master? Can I ask a question?"

'This Caster has a lot of questions...' She nodded as she eventually got up. Her voice sounded deeper than normal for the lack of nutrients she has the past few days. "What is it?" The male scratched his cheek, looking away. "Are you uh... a guy or gal? I can't really tell by your clothes."

"...Girl." She heard a humming noise, which was oddly familiar to her ears. "A lady huh... Wait, Master. What's with your arm and the item around your neck? I'm sensing something completely off the charts in those areas."

'An awful lot of questions.' The raven deemed him quite annoying after hearing his questions. "My arm has a linkage to someone although they're not here anymore. This item around my neck is a pendant. It's nothing unusual. Why do you a—?!" As she looked up from where she stood, tears fell from her eyes. The familiar yet uncanny red orbs fell upon the raven through the hood that he wore.

"Uh, Master? What are you looking at? I know I'm a beauty when it comes to women but there's only one that actually took my breath away." The male saw droplets fall onto the ground as he panicked. "O-Oye, what did I do wrong?"

She half-laughed half-cried as she jumped straight into the male's body. "M-Master?" His eyes followed the female and held her softly, quite concerned. "You know my name... mo ridire." His ears perked up when he heard a familiarity through the female's lips. He dropped his hood from his head and brushed the raven's long bangs away, seeing the emerald eyes he greatly adored. He passionately kissed her, feeling the warmth and embrace he missed.

"You finally... Princess, you're so different. What did you do to yourself?" She weakly laughed as she was soon picked up. "Too many things, my knight... too many things... Why are you a Caster class though?" He shrugged. "Who knows? All I know..." He swung her around in his grasp as he heard her giggle. "...is that you're here in front of me."

He eventually propped her back down into a chair as he stood back, kneeling in front of her. The Celtic held her right hand within his as he spoke. "By my words—the Child of Light, the Sage of the Forest—I, Cú Chulainn, will stay by your side for as long as you want me to. Will you accept my only selfish request, my one, and only princess?" She covered her mouth as tears fell. "When would I, Yuuki Satou, not accept your selfish request from my love?"

---

AN: I'M NOT LEAVING MY STORY TO END WITH THAT LAST CHAPTER. Our puppy needs our love! And well. Yeah. I do hope you enjoyed the entire story. Thank you so much!

AN Edit: I just edited a few things here to make it a bit more concise. 

Preview Picture: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/08/f7/a7/08f7a73185c3662c8103f4023edb6ae6.jpg