Anamnesis & Anemone

--Chapter 1--
Anamnesis & Anemone

"...mngh," a muttering noise sounded throughout the small bedroom. The sun shined down into the room as an alarm clock rang. The female's eyes slowly fluttered open as they reached out to turn the alarm off. A warm fleeting tear tracked downwards on the female's face as she sat up. She swiftly wiped the tear off as she looked down at her hands.

"...Another dream." She quietly spoke. 'Why am I getting another dream with my parents. This time it was with... what were they called—Servants?' Her eyes twitched as she abhorred the word. 'Yeah. The summoning of a servant...'

Servants. Something she didn't want to associate with. She refused to acknowledge the concept of what her father had done when they were in a different country. She was only three years old when her parents relocated. She couldn't even recall where she lived back then.

Right now, she's 24 years of age. Graduated from a prestigious school, and moved to Shinto, Fuyuki City. She was working at a flower shop only a few blocks away from her small apartment. During her free time, she would reinforce her memorization on transmutation, alchemy, and runes. Out of all the mage-related spells, her weakest link was runes. It wasn't that she didn't know much about it—in fact, she did—but rather it was more of remembering what each symbol meant. She only learned it through her father's notes he had written in a leather-bound book.

However, there was something that kept gnawing on her mind besides her father's notable books. A lullaby that she heard from her mother. The language was quite a beauty yet she couldn't tell where it was from nor did she know what it meant. With the lullaby that pestered at her mind, she eventually gave in to it and began to recite the lyrics.

"Feicim an ghealach, feiceann an ghealach dom
ag bualadh le duilleoga an chrann darach d'aois
Ó, lig an solas a shines orm
Shine ar an gceann is breá liom..."

She sighed as she finally rose from her bed. In the end, she couldn't figure it out what it meant. 'Seems like just reciting it doesn't help.' The raven-haired female glanced at the lamp table her alarm clock was on. A silver band earring laid on the surface of the wooden surface. It was a memento from her mother before she left her for good. She grabbed it and wore it on her left ear. It just... felt right... when it was on her. At first, she questioned why it wasn't a pair when her mother passed away. She couldn't find the other earring, which she eventually assumed it was purposely a single band earring.

The female stretched her body before heading to the bathroom to get herself ready to leave for work. Her apartment wasn't too large—just a combined kitchen and living room, a bedroom, a bathroom, and a study room. It sufficed for a person to relax at the very least. Turning the water on, she waited for a bit before stripping down and entering the lukewarm water in her bathtub.

'What was with all these unusual dreams.' She pondered on her thoughts. 'Are all my memories officially coming back to me? It's not like I need them anymore. I'm just living just fine without those past items.' And to her, it felt that it was true. She lived without her parents for the longest time after sudden amnesia that hit her during her middle school years due to an accident. Back then, the girl didn't know who was her family was until she returned home and saw the pictures. As the years went by, she began gaining a few memories at a time.

She eventually knew about her past with her somewhat magician parents, the war they fought only to lose their lives, and leaving her by herself. She hated it. The fact that her parents died to some meaningless grail war with summoned servants—everything. She didn't want to acknowledge her magical side at some point because it reminded her of the horrendous past and of her parents' deaths. In the end, she eventually acknowledged the magical side of hers and moved on with her life. To her mistake, magic made her life surprisingly easier.