Voices

This chapter is shit and I'm aware, so sorry it's so bad. Please just bear with me. I promise I'll do better for the next chapter

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Keith! You ran away, Maybe you should have just stayed away!"

The words replayed themselves in the pale teen's mind over and over again, engraving themselves into his mind. Tears streamed down his face, dripping onto his blanket's fabric. Keith had fists in his hair and his eyes shut, while he tried to stay as quiet as possible.

"You should have just stayed away"

He gripped his shirt where his heart was. The pain was unbearable, but he didn't know why it hurt so much to hear those words from him. He barely knew the guy when they went to save Shiro when he had proclaimed them as rivals. He had heard lance insult him on multiple occasions but this time, it was different. Why it was different was something he couldn't figure out.

"You ran away"

It's not true, he told himself. He left because he was no longer needed. he left because he could be of use with the blade.

Keith's eyes suddenly flew open and his eyes went wide when he realized. His fellow paladins didn't need him, the blade would be just fine without him, and if he were to disappear Hunk, Pidge, Shiro, allure, Coran, and lance wouldn't be affected in the slightest. If they ever even noticed that he disappeared.

The Korean teen looked up to his bed's ceiling, (the top of the space in the wall where they sleep) tears still running down his cheeks, his violet eyes looked around his room as if searching for something.

Keith slowly got up from his sitting position and walked to his bathroom. You know you want to. A voice whispered

It's for the better. Said another.

Do it quickly, wouldn't want to burden the others any longer, now would we? 

the voices seem to grow louder with each passing moment, and after what felt like an internity, Keith had finally arrived at his destination. he walked into the bathroom and locked the door behind him. 

what's the point? as if anyone is gonna look for you, stated the first voice.

tears no longer fell from his once glimmering violet eyes. he felt numb for the first time in a long time. he hated feeling numb, the last time he had felt this way was the day his father passed. at first, he felt the gut-wrenching feeling of grief, but as time went on he had learned to suppress his emotions. he was good at hiding what he was feeling behind a stoic expression. he wore a mask for so long that he had lost touch with his emotions. he thought he had finally found friends, a family. someone he could rely on, but his mind wouldn't stop telling him otherwise.

they never cared, sneered a voice

they only pitied you, said another

no one could ever love you, they stated in unison

he stood in front of the mirror and stared at his reflection, he looked worse than he thought. his hair was disheveled and a few strands stuck to his sweaty forehead. he had large bags under his puffy eyes from the late nights he stayed up crying, wishing to scream to shout for someone to help him, but he remained silent. his purple hue's that used to shine as bright as an amethyst, now a dull and dead color

look at how much of a mess you are! yelled a voice with an obvious hint of disgust

the others would be disgusted if they aren't already. whispered a second voice

"Sh-shut up," he said, his voice hoarse and his throat dry

you know it's true, don't try to deny it. they whispered

"Go away." He warned with clenched teeth

they don't need you, they don't want you, no one does. they said, especially not him

the male felt as if he had had enough. he grabbed the dagger that he always carried and brought it up to eye level, they don't need me, they won't remember me, he thought as he walked out of the bathroom and out of the bedroom, only one destination in mind.

he had arrived at red's hanger and quickly ran to the lion when he heard red's booming voice. Keith, my cub please rethink this. there are other ways

"there's nothing to rethink, I've made my decision. I just wanted to say goodbye. you were the only one that I could rely on, and I'm thankful for that but I can't fight it anymore. I'm sorry" said Keith, fresh tears falling from his already puffy eyes as he walked away

Keith walked to where all the escape pods were being held and climber into one.

Leaving so they won't have to deal with the mess, eh? they'd probably just throw your remains into space like the trash you are. a voice whispered while he activated the pod.

the pod was on and ready to go in a matter of seconds. the teen maneuvered it out of the castle as quick as possible and into the vast void of space. we've passed various planets, even if they try to look, they most likely won't look at planets they've already passed. thought the violet-eyed male.

he had arrived in what felt like hours to him and landed. the planet was mostly forest land, the landscape held a lot of elevation on all over the planet. 

what are you waiting for? questioned a voice

the quicker you're gone, the better for everyone. stated another

He stepped out of the pod and walked away from it. he needed to get as far away from it as possible

what's the point of getting away from it? no one's gonna notice your gone, or even much less care. they said

"I took a pod, but what's one pod. they'll probably hate me more for wasting one" He said out loud, knowing no one would hear him.

He continued to walk before he found a cave. he stood in front of it for a moment before deciding to walk in. " I'm sorry" he whispered, as he sat down and leaned on one of the cave's walls, "I'm sorry for burdening you with my existence. I'm sorry for disappointing you time and time again" he continued his goodbye's to the people he cared for, even though he knew they couldn't hear him.

once he had finished speaking, he drew his dagger from its sheath and brought it up to eye level. He inspected it for a moment before aligning it with the part of his chest that contained his heart. He took a deep breath, tears streaming down his face, and brought the blade down with force.

blood soon began to pour out of the wound. tears still dripped but were less frequent now that he was fading. keith turned his gaze to the cave's ceiling, vision starting to falter, before smiling and saying his final words

I

Love

You

Lance

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------