▪︎Chapter Sixteen▪︎

Start from the beginning

"Girl, that's your baby daddy. Everything out your mouth lately is Amalie." She pointed out causing Nae to giggle.

"That ain't even true." I countered.

"This sound familiar? I could be like sis what you doing? Nothing, bout to comb my baby girl's hair, bout to make me and my baby some dinner, bout to check my baby's homework, bout to call my baby's grandma to make sure she's okay." She and Nae released a hearty laughed once my cheeks became flushed and I rubbed the back of my neck while smiling sheepishly.

"Exactly! You and TJ may as well get married. Ya'll already be on some meet me at the alter in your white dress type shit." I couldn't help but erupt with laughter. I swore Ryah was a clown. Some days I felt like she needed to quit her job as a data analyst and become a comedian.

Abandoning my task, I trod to the front door to let TJ and Amalie in. Not only did I invite them over to have a good time but it was also my intention for them to officially meet my family. I felt like it was a step in the right direction especially since I heard TJ confess that he loved me a few weeks back. I was certain he thought I didn't hear him but I did. After babysitting Amalie enough times I developed mom ears and slept lightly at times. That night happened to be one of those instances when I did.

"Hey boo." I tiptoed and gave TJ a quick kiss on the lips. He flashed his radiant smile and gave me a tight hug before I stooped down to peck Amalie's cheeks.

"Hey baby girl."

"Hi Londyn!" Her arms draped around my neck as she hugged me. I picked her up and led us into the house. Nae and Ryah stood at the island with huge grins spread across their faces. They had met TJ before but not Amalie. True to her shy nature, she buried her face in my neck as I introduced her.

"Don't be shy princess. I know they kinda ugly but they don't bite. I promise."

"Don't play with me sis. Remember you asked me to remove that weave for you." Ryah reminded causing Amalie to giggle. Her shyness dissipated some and she eventually said hey to them.

"What's good brother in law? How you put up with this one over here?" Ryah questioned TJ while poiting a thumb in my direction. I had resumed packing the cooler with Nae and Amalie's assistance.

TJ laughed at Ryah antics,"I'm good sis. Don't do my baby man, she good peoples."

"Exactly, tell her." I chimed in.

She groaned playfully and joked,"Ya'll love birds make me sick I swear. Although I know he only agreeing with you cuz he don't wanna be deprived of that good loving." I plugged Amalie's ears with my index fingers. Ryah got reckless at the mouth sometimes and I didn't want baby girl hearing her incase something inappropriate really slipped out.

"Let's go outside princess. Ryah on her worst behavior right now." Amalie giggled before waving goodbye. I left TJ with my sisters momentarily to deliver the drinks. Once that task was done, I scanned the backyard of search of Ajahni, Ahijah and one of the neighbor's kids, Riley. Amalie wanted to play and since they were all either five or six years old I figured they'd be perfect playmates.

It was hard trying to locate the mini humans since the crowd was so dense. However, as luck would have it Ajahni happened to bump right into me as he was undoubtedly running away from his brother and friend. He fell at my feet giggling before he sprang up and was ready to take off running again. I snatched him by his shirt to stop him from escaping. He looked at me with furrowed eyebrows and a creased forehead.

"Tete Londyn you gon make them catch me." He groaned.

"They won't, I don't even see nobody coming. Anyway this is Amalie," I introduced baby girl who was hiding behind my leg.