Chapter 16

"Are you sure you don't want me to come?" Luke asked, concern in his eyes. "Jack might be down there." I shook my head, and put on the bravest face I could. "No, it's okay Luke, you said you had homework to do anyway." I reasoned. He grunted. "Yeah, but I'd gladly take an excuse to get out of that." I laughed slightly. "I'll have to face him again sometime, I'm still here for a week and a half longer." "True," he sighed, realizing that I had won, and there was nothing he could do. He waved at me as he walked into his room, and I gave him a small smile in return. Once I heard his door close, I took  a deep breath and stood at the top of the stairs."You can do this." I whispered to myself. "He's probably not even down there." Holding my breath, I walked down the stairs at a painfully slow pace. Finally I reached the bottom and turned the corner into the living room and... what I saw made me wish I had never left my room.

 A tall, paper-thin, paper-white girl with long, straight blond hair and a ton of makeup was sitting on Jack's lap, making out sloppily with him. Her eyes were closed, but he opened his just in time to see me. His eyes briefly flitted towards me, and I didn't have time to see what he did next. I bolted out of the room, shoved my feet in my shoes, and ran out of the house. I kept running, tears leaking from my eyes. I had no idea where I was going, nor did I care. I just wanted to wipe that image from my mind.

A.N - Super short, next ones gonna be longer i promise!

- CanucksFanfics