Chapter 9

Jack held my hand all the way to the car, and even then he seemed reluctant to let go. "Are you gonna tell me where we're going now?" I whined. "Nope" He grinned. Oh my god, this guy has so many mood swings... "Turn your head this way." he told me, as he pulled something out of his pocket. I did as he asked, and he stopped the car at a red light. "What is it?" I asked curiously. "A blindfold." He grinned devilishly. "But Ja-ack" I pouted. "No buts." He said firmly. Gently, he tied the blindfold around my eyes, and the world went back. This was not good, I didn't like this. "Jack." I gasped. "What's wrong?" He asked. "I-I..." I didn't even know how to put it. It felt like suffocating, drowning in a- "Amy." Jack said, grabbing my hand again. For some reason that relaxed me. I could breathe properly again. "Don't let go." I said. I could imagine him smirking, but at that point I didn't care. "I won't." He said tenderly. "Thank you." I whispered. He drove one handed the rest of the way, until I felt the car stop. He reached over and untied the blindfold. I gasped. We were at the lake! I guess he could see my excitement, because he scratched the back of his head and said "My mom suggested it. She said the first time you came over, you told her how much you loved the lake." I threw my arms around him. He was so warm, I never wanted to let go. he wrapped his arms around me, and held me tight. "I never get to go the lake." I whispered into his shoulder. "The smell makes Mrs. King nauseous, and I wouldn't go by myself... I haven't gone since I was a little girl, with my parents." I could feel the tears pooling in my eyes. "Thank you so much." I whispered, blinking quickly." "You're welcome." He whispered back. Finally, we pulled apart, and he unlocked the doors. He got out,and I wiped my eyes quickly as he walked around, and then my door. "Thanks." I told him. "No problem." he replied. As soon as I stepped out of the car, I smelled the salty lake air. Some people hated it, but it just calmed down my whole body, bringing back memories. Happy memories, of when our family was whole. I closed my eyes, and took a deep breath in. It had been forever since I'd been to the lake. "Hurry!" Said Jack, taking my hand again. "We can still make it to see the sunset!" I followed him and we began to run, our feet pounding the soft sand beneath us. Finally, after five minutes of non-stop sprinting, Jack skidded to a stop. "Are we there?" I gasped. "Almost, we just gotta climb these rocks." He told me. "Okay then, let's go." I said. He nodded, and we climbed the short stack of rocks until we reached a flat part that acted like a seat. I plopped down, exhausted, and he sat down right next to me, laughing at my exaggeration. My feet were super sore, I have no idea why I wore those stupid shoes, so I undid them and placed them next to us. "It's starting!" Jack whispered excitedly. I looked up, and the sight was breathtaking. Orange, yellow, and pink hues, with a beautiful glowing orb in the middle. I don't know why I did it, what got into me, but I laid my head down on Jack's chest. I felt his heartbeat quicken, and he gently tousled my hair with his fingers. I thought the sunset was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, but then I looked up, at the boy who had his hands in my hair, and I knew I was wrong. 

A.N - Hey guys! Hopefully you dont mind dropping a vote if you enjoyed the chapter! Thanks again for reading. :D 

- CanucksFanfics