The door on the passenger's side opens and I look over to see Adelaide. I look down to her side and see a bag with food. I smile at her and she gives a small smile back but also looks concerned. Possibly because she sees that I was crying. I give a bigger smile to tell her I am okay. However, she still does not seem convinced.

"No, I am alright Logan," I assure her after staying silent for almost a minute, "thank you though."

"No problem, but if you need me, I am here. We are all so worried about you. We will fly over to your closest airport and finish the rest of the trip."

I chuckle. "Thank you, but I am okay. Tell the girls I am okay and that I will see them after break."

"Will do, girly, talk to you later."

"Bye Logan."

I hang up and plug my phone back into charger. I look at Adelaide and see her watching me.

"I thought we were eating inside?" I ask her.

"That is what I planned, but I saw you crying so I got our food to go and came out as soon as I can. Are you okay?"

"I don't know," I shrug my shoulders, "my mom just died, my dad never wants to see me again, but I am surrounded by so many loving people. And Logan is just the best friend."

I laugh lightly.

"She offered to fly over here and join me."

She gives a puzzled look. "You mean us?"

"No," I shake my head. "I didn't tell her you were here."

"Oh," she nods her head. "Okay."

She buckles her seatbelt and stays silent.

"Are you okay?" I ask her.

"I understand why wouldn't tell her that I am here with you. Sometimes I forget that I am your teacher, especially at times like this, when we are not at school, thousands of miles away. And then at times we are sucked back into reality and are reminded of how much this sucks. I mean, we could have it worse. Where we would have to really hide. But I don't know."

I nod my head. "Yeah."

"But I love you though." She says.

"That is the tenth time you have said it today." I smile.

She leans over to me, places her hand under my chin, pulls my face to hers, and pecks my lips. "Yeah, because it is true and I love saying it." She kisses me again, this time longer. I bring my arm up and place my hand on the back of her neck to push her face as close as it can get to mine and return the kiss. She licks my bottom lip and I pull away.

She frowns in return.

"No, I will start feeling things."

She chuckles. "Okay baby."

I turn the car on and begin to drive. Adelaide begins to eat her food and I attempt to eat and drive and luckily am successful.

***

Two weeks later

We got to the beach house a week and a half ago. I began to have nightmares of my mom dying, and began crying more so Adelaide insisted on driving the rest of the way. And ever since we have gotten to the beach house I have not really gotten out of bed. Adelaide has just been taking care of me. Making sure I eat and drink water. I am so thankful for her.

Next to me Adelaide is still sleeping. The last time I looked at the clock it was six o'clock. I have layed here and just listened to the waves outside. I decided that today is the day that I am going to get up out of bed and get back to the world. Even just to go for a run. But even that is a struggle. However, I have to do it.

I get out of bed slowly to not wake Adelaide. She stirs slightly, but relaxes. I grab a note pad and pen and write down that I am going for a run. I change into leggings and put on a jacket and shoes. I grab my phone and air pods and head down to the beach. As soon as I near the water, I start running.

I alternate between running and jogging for what seems like ten minutes but is actually thirty-five. By the time I have been jogging for an hour, I sit down on the sand. I take out my air pods and listen and watch the waves. After a couple seconds, a dog, I believe an Australian Shepherd sits at my side. I look around to see if there is an owner. I do not see any other person around. The dog looks at me. I lean over to see if he has a collar or a tag. I see a brown, leather collar, however, no tag. I do notice, however, that the dog is bleeding behind it's left ear.

I grab my phone out of my pocket and call Adelaide.

"Hey babe, how's your run?"

"Um, it was good, but there is this dog. And it is bleeding. Can you drive over here?"

"I am on my way."

I kneel down and begin to run the dog's back. It flinches as soon as I touch their back. However, not fully, but somewhat relaxes under my touch after a few minutes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, here is the long awaited update.

Here are some updates though:

I have started working on Adelaide's book. However, it will not be published until ever I finish this book. And editing it.

I also am writing another outline that I enjoy so much more and I think y'all will also. I will not apply these changes until after this book is done though. But Adelaide's point of view will not be published until all of the changes are made.

Thank you for being so patient with me.