Chapter 28

/ Twenty-eight /

Harry expertly turns the car to pull off on the empty parking space. I look at the back seat, at my mom and I can't tell whether if something's bothering her mind by scanning her face.

She quickly shifts from her seat as the car stops.

"Mom, are you okay?" I worriedly ask.

"Yes honey. No worries." She gives me an assuring smile. I nod and smile in return. I turn in front and grab my bag, opening the car door.

Harry strides to the back and gets the luggage bag of my mom from the trunk.

I am grateful of Harry getting us here to escort my mom. I didn't expect him to be like this, for the fact that he knew my mom will be leaving.

We both stand at the side waiting for Harry to settle. We don't have much to say to each other since we talked deeply this morning.

"Let's go." My mom calmly says as we notice Harry all ready.

Harry pulls her luggage while I carry her separate travel bag and my mom's 'more' personal bag slung onto her.

That's probably the good part. I got her trait of being so organized on things. That really helped me a lot with my lifestyle having so many things to work on. Maybe we're both obsessive-compulsive? Well I guess it's not really that bad. It has its own advantages, right?

We enter the large automatic glass door that opens itself whenever a person is about to enter. My mom stops her track which makes us stop too, having Harry behind us.

I'm a bit confused why she stopped until I saw the lane where passports are to be checked and the 'borderline' of the passengers from the non-passenger.

"Emily, can you please take care of yourself?" My mom grabs both of my hand as she looks intently to my eyes.

"Yes mom. Don't Worry." I smile, not wanting her to see my emotion ready to fall out.

"Promise me." I'm a bit mystified upon her plea. She doesn't actually act this way whenever she'll go somewhere far. This is the first time.

"I promise mom." I respond. Her eyes are becoming glossy and without seconds she pulls me in, hugging me tighter than ever.

My tears fall at once and my chest begins to tighten. I hate this feeling. I'm gonna miss my mom.

We both pull away and hear each other sob. I feel a warm hand touches my shoulder and slowly rubs my back. I turn around to find Harry with his calm smile.

"I'm going to call you after I land." I nod and wipe my cheeks from the tears that slightly dried.

She looks at Harry one more time and smile. I see at the corner of my eyes, Harry nods. I know that behind my mom's look, she's like reminding Harry about something, something about Harry looking after me.

We hug one last time and she lifts her bag.

"Have a safe trip." Harry wishes to my mom.

"Thank you for everything Harry." She smiles.

"It's nothing, really." Harry responds and they close their distance and hug that last only seconds.

"Take care mom. I love you." I softly say.

"I love you Em." She kisses my cheek and turns her back. Tears start to stream down my face once again as I watch her walk further away from us.

"Everything's gonna be alright." Harry's raspy voice sounds, like it's the only voice I can hear. He pulls me closer and wraps me in his arms.

......

We walk out of the building and into his car. I have no idea where are we going next. I stare out of the window, still processing the fact that my mother have already left.

Harry stop by a store.

"Why are we here?" I turn to him.

"I'm gonna buy something."

He descends the car and I decide to be left here alone. "Aren't you coming?" Harry peeks from the door looking confused.

"Come with me. It's not safe to be here alone." He demands.

"Okay."

We enter the store and he grabs a basket. We stroll through the store as he picks handful of sweets. I walk to the women's section and look for a facial wash 'cause mine is almost empty.

As I pick my facial wash, Harry's arm wraps around my waist from behind. I almost jump from his act.

"Come on love." He whispers to my ear.

I am startled. My body reacted weird but I love how it does because only Harry can do it. My eyes shut close as he whispers to my ear, sensing his warm, minty breath. God, I missed that.

He grabs the product from my hand and tosses it in the basket. Literally toss it. Why is he such in a hurry? Harry quickly walks to the cashier and pay for the items. I stand near the door, waiting for him to be done. My mind is kinda blank right now.

Emily, Harry's right. Everything's gonna be alright. Stop being in this shit state, this is not helpful for you.

As Harry lifts the bag, I exit the store and he opens the car for me. I can't figure out what's on his mind right now, buying all this stuffs.

I climb down the car, expecting Harry to leave once I got home, but I guess I'm wrong. He follows until I reach our porch.

"You're not going home?" I ask.

"No. Unless you want me to?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Oh, uhm.. No, I just.." I don't want him to but.., I don't know. My mind can't seem to think right.

I open the door and Harry quickly shuts it close which makes my eyes widen.

He place the grocery bag at the kitchen counter while I head to the living room. I sit on the couch, staring at nothing.

"What's wrong Emily?" Harry asks from behind and I can hear his boots clack, walking nearer to me.

"I don't know. I don't understand myself." Tears start to form on my eyes and I can't hide it away. "This is just too fast, I don't even know why mom is needed there in England with my father." Harry sits beside me and I cover my face with my small hands while my tears start to fall. He grabs my hands and pulls it away from my face and bring it to his.

"Look Emily, there's nothing to worry about. Your mom will call you." His green eyes stare into mine, into my soul. He wipes my tears with his large, smooth thumb.

My stomach flips and before I know it, his lips brush into mine. My mind stops from thinking too much about my mom and it all shifts to Harry's kiss. As he is about to enter his tongue, a knock on the door came and I immediately pull away. He narrows his brows in disappointment.

"Who the fuck...." Harry blurts out.

**********

I know.., it's a looong, late update. I'm sorry if it's kinda boring.. :/ But still, I hope you liked it. :)

Please don't forget to vote and comment on my story. You will make me very happy and it will motivate me to do a better one. x) So please? :))

NUMEROUS READS AND VOTES for the next update!

Don't forget to vote!! Lol, I'm sorry ✌🏼️