Chapter 46

/ Forty-six /

"Who do you think it might be?" Harry asks and turn his head to the direction of the entryway.

"I don't know." My expression is clearly blank. My heart beats so fast and I don't know why.

Harry starts to walk out from the kitchen but I halt him. "Leave it to me Harry. I guess, it should be me who would confront that person." I look down at the ground and Harry hold me at my back.

I intentionally slow down my pace, really nervous of what I'll find out for the next seconds.

"Mom?!!" I gasp in shock. My body heats up and my heart beats faster than before. I should be happy that my mom has already arrived but it's the exact opposite.

Harry runs into me, he's also in shock finding out about my mom. "Stella.." He mumble.

Mom walks to me and welcomes me with her embrace. I should be the one welcoming her but this doesn't feel right. I hug her back and tears flow down my cheeks. I try not to sound crying, I'm a tough girl now.

"When did you get back?" My eyes scan her bothered and odd sweaty.  face.

"Yesterday honey. I was waiting for you but you didn't come home." She sounds worried. Standing here, she brushes the loose hair strands on my face.

"Oh, we went to Malibu mom. Have you forgotten about that?" I look at her with my serious stare. She lets go of my hair and head to the living room. She makes herself busy by fixing the things she probably left last night.

Harry stays close behind me, he puts his hand on my shoulder for assurance–that he won't leave me. We both have a feeling something's wrong with mom and I instantly sensed it when I looked her earlier.

"Mom, is there something wrong that you should tell me?" I ask worriedly. My mind immediately come across to dad. Did something happen when she was there?

"Nothing hon. I-I just got from my friend's funeral and it's devastating." She wipes her  cheeks as tears drop down her face.

Harry and I both look at each other, eyes debating if she's telling the truth.

"Are you sure mom?" I walk closer to her but she walks past me and head to the stairs.

"Yes. I'll be up in my room." She hurriedly stride across. I let her make her way up, I don't want to pester her and make this thing worst. 

I hear Harry come close behind me, I turn to him and he reaches for my hand. "I'll go home for now. Just call me if you need something." He assures me with a warm smile, as he rubs my shoulder.

"Could you please stay here for a while? I don't know what to do."

"Alright." He responds and closes me in a hug. He rubs his hand on my back as to which makes me calm.

"Thank you." I whisper against his chest and a sudden relief I feel when he says, "Anytime, my love."

---

I make small steps and enter our house after being dismissed early from school. I scan the whole place to find my mom but she's nowhere to be found.

"Hey Em, can you get me a Frost Cereal, I think I just downed it." Lilly grins at me.

"Fine.." I groan and place my bag on the sofa.

"Thanks!" Lilly calls out. I turn to look at her – to ask where mom is – one last time but she scurried upstairs.

I open the door and Harry reveals himself in front of me.

"Harry? What are you doing here?" I ask, pulling my lose hair strands behind my ear.

"Nothing. Thought you need company." Harry shrugs, getting ready to turn around and leave.

I halt him and turns to me smiling. "But I'll go out, need to buy something."

"It's fine. I can come with you."

We both ride his car and go to a grocery store. I took the chance to buy my own necessities since mine will soon be disposed.

"So how are you?" Harry speaks. I turn and look at him, focusing on the road.

"I'm fine." I plainly blurt.

"How are you Emily?" Harry asks again. Is he deaf or what??

"I'm-"

"No you're not." He hisses, stepping the break pedal.

"Look. I'm really bothered and I'm trying to make myself busy, okay?" I roll my eyes at the window. But I know he saw that through the small reflection.

Harry doesn't respond after that and we arrive at the store. I walk in first and grab a basket near the cashier. I don't turn around to look if Harry ever follows me.

"I know what you're saying. Just let me be." Harry picks a packet gum on the counter and place it along with the stuffs I grabbed.

"I just don't want you to be so involved with this." I sigh, as we wait for the old lady to finish packing.

"It's totally fine with me. Soon I'll be part of your family." I snap a glance at Harry and catches him looking the other way, smirking.

Harry volunteered to hold the bag and we exited the store.

He pulls in on our driveway and I grab the grocery bag backseat. Harry follows behind me entering the house.

I place the bag on the kitchen counter and separate my personal things from it.

As I observe the room if there's something not right going on here, I hear loud cry from upstairs. I quickly snap my head to Harry.

He looks at me with very dead serious eyes. I don't know what to do. It's like my body's been stuck up and I can't move and think quickly. Harry strides to me.

I finally come back from that mental block down and I scurry upstairs.

I creep to my mom's bedroom and see her sitting on the floor, a phone in her hand and crying.

"What happened?" Harry asks worriedly but I can't give him an answer. 

I debate with myself if I should approach my mom and ask her or just let her emotions fall down. Before I have known my decision, my feet walks me towards her. I let Harry know to just stay where he is.

"Mom, please! Just tell me everything! You've been acting very weird and scary. I don't know if something really bad happened in England. Please! For the love of God, please!" I scream, it feels like someone literally pinched a part of my heart. She turns around, standing on her own feet.

Her eyes are full of tears, shirt's wet from the tears that just drops from her chin.

"Just tell me!" I cry, begging her to stop this madness. Once and for all make everything clear for me.

"I'm so s-sorry.." She cries louder. Dropping the phone on the floor, she cups her face with shaking hands.

"What have you done?" My heart somehow explodes, overthinking terrible things that could happen to us.

"I-I.." She starts. "Your father and I... We fought over something I regret not even saying to my own family." She bursts more tears.

"What is it?"

The tension between my mom and I couldn't be any more clearer.

***********

Hi guys! How have you been doing lately? :) I hope you're all fine ❤️ my sincere apologies if I made you wait a long time, uni is giving me so much loads and loads of works but yeah... =))))

This story also feels like going to an end but stay in touch as the next chapter will .... (Shhhhhhh..) Haha.

Anyway, I hope y'all liked this chapter. If you do, PLEASE VOTE and COMMENT! :))