Chapter 11 - Trouble in Paradise

I woke up to the sound of knocking- no- banging on my bedroom door.

"Come in!" I yelled, jumping out of bed.

Emma ran in, holding a swimsuit. "Rosemary, you slept in!" She said frantically.

"Oh no, what time is it?!" I asked worriedly, running to my closet to find a swimsuit.

Its as if Emma knew what I was looking for because she stopped me saying, "Here, I forgot to get you a swimsuit when I got your clothes, so you can borrow mine!" She said, shoving the swimsuit into my arms. "Now hurry! We leave in 10 minutes!"

"Okay! Okay!" She turned around, and I quickly put on the swimsuit.

I'm not gonna lie, it didn't leave much to the imagination.

I looked at myself in the mirror, and put my hair up in a bun, just as Emma walked over to join me.

"Damn, that looks better on you than it ever did on me," she said, smiling. "Keep it."

I threw on a sundress, grabbed my bag with a towel, water, and sunscreen, then she and I raced down the stairs to meet the others.

When we reached the bottom of the stairs, Miss Peregrine stood there looking at us and then back at her watch, "23 seconds late, ladies," she said, shaking her head.

"Sorry, Miss P," we said in unison, then joining the others.

We received some curious looks from those around us, but once all of us were accounted for, we set off for the beach.

•//////•

On the way there, Emma fell into step with Victor, and I walked in silence at the back of the group, until Enoch unexpectedly joined me.

We were a good five feet away from the nearest clump of children, so he said, "About last night... I'm sorry I caus-"

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it quickly, "don't worry about it. You didn't know that the raid would cause a flashback, and neither did I. If anything, I'm sorry for having you see that..." I let go of his hand and continued walking.

"Anyway, do you maybe wanna go for a walk once we get to the beach, you know, just you and I?" He asked.

"Sure," I mumbled, looking down at my feet.

"If you don't want to, we don't have to," He said.

"No, I want to, it's just I don't know how we're gonna be able to slip away without the others noticing, you know?" I said, biting my lip.

"Don't worry," he said, "I have a plan."

•//////•

When we finally arrived at the beach, Enoch, Emma, Victor, and I all set up our towels near each other and got ready to swim.

Emma took off her sundress first, revealing her baby blue one-piece suit. Victor took off his shirt, and they walked down the beach to the edge of the water, while holding hands, I continued to stare at them, they really were perfect for each other.

Enoch then took off his white tee-shirt revealing his well-built body and then turned to face me. I looked away quickly, as not to stare, but I have to admit, it wasn't all that bad to look at him...

I took off my sundress, revealing my swimsuit, it was a crimson two-piece that greatly contrasted the paleness of my skin, and hugged my body in all the right places.

I let my long brown hair down and began to realize the caramel highlights that glistened in the morning sun. I brushed my fingers through my messy hair, in an attempt to contain the messiness of it, but it was no use.

Echolocation (Enoch O'Connor / mphfpc fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें