|No.5|

[Normal POV]

Shadow hesitated before he grabbed the door handle and quietly turned it opening the door. A small squeaking noise came from the hinges Shadow cursing himself hoping he didn't make to much noise. Once the door was open enough for him to slip in he looked around the dark room.

Letting his eyes adjust really quickly. His ears twitched at the noise of a whimper and Shadow turned to look over to Sonic's bed. Seeing him curled up on himself under the blanket. His two pillows pushed off to the side which indicated Sonic had moved when he was asleep. The azure's ears pulled back to his head. Shadow walked over scanning over the, not so peacefully asleep hedgehog.

It was clear he was having a nightmare. The ebony would of said sleep paralysis but Sonic had clearly moved. And was still moving, seeing he just whimpered again and curled up more.

But instead of waking him up Shadow instead leaned down and grabbed one of Sonic's hand. That were gripping onto the blanket over him tightly, almost as if he let go he would fall to his death.

Shadow lifted the blanket and pushed it away from Sonic, in answer he seen the azure shiver. The ebony hedgehog scooted Sonic over closer to the wall on the small bed. Just so he would be able to sit down.

Then he grabbed Sonic's other hand only to feel the hero flinch away. "Shit did I pinch him?" He thought and lightly held both Sonic's hand with his.

A moment later he pulled Sonic into him. The first reaction he got was a pained wince before the azure whimpered again and grabbed onto Shadow tightly.

The taller of the two grabbed his hand again only to feel Sonic inter lock there fingers tightly. Shadow gave a soft huff before running his hand through Sonic's quills as he whimpered again. The ultimate lifeform slowly lowered both of them down so they could be laying on the bed and pulled the blanket over them with his free hand. Then he continuously rubbed Sonic's ear whenever he whimpered. Which seemed to calm him down a lot.

Truly he must of been deep in whatever nightmare he was having to not of heard Shadow walk into his room. Of course the ebony wasn't going to risk speaking just in case anyways either way.

[Sonic's POV]

"Where am I?" I thought opening my eyes only to see a bright light. Which hurt my eyes and made my flinch back. "Sonic!" My ear twitched at the sound of my name being called. But the voice sounded...so far away...why? "Sonic! Sonic do you hear me!?" The voice came again but softer and it sounded like it was coming from something broken.

I slowly lifted myself up. Only to be met with massive pain in my back. I turned my head to where the voice was coming from. A headset lay on the ground a little ways away from me. It was most likely almost broken sense static was coming off from it. "S-....sssson- Sonic do you rrread!?" Tails? That was Tail's voice!

I inched closer to the headset only to notice a sharp pain in my stomach. I looked down to see a long gash across is and blood oozing from the wound. I gaged slightly before looking back to the headset. Quickly I put a hand over to needing wound and reached for the headset.

Once I finally was able to grab it the electric shocks shocked me making me almost drop it. Though when I noticed he had gone silent for some time I began to panic. I didn't know were I was! How would I get back! "I guess I do deserve it..."

My line of sight had started to go blurry and I held onto my stomach more. I could already tell the blood went through me glove and was already staining my fur a red color.

I ended up leaning onto a rock next to me. It wasn't comfortable, no, but again I didn't deserve to be comfortable. Plus, hardly no one is comfortable on there death bed anymore...

"I never....got to tell him...I loved him"

My eyes glazed over with tears making my vision worse than it already was. "Tails...I hope you keep the team safe...."

I could feel the cold stain of tears running down my cheeks. I coughed and ended up holding my stomach tighter. I had put the headset down next to me seeing it was no use anymore.

"I hope you guys don't forget me..."

I looked up to the sky seeing the pitch black of night. I opened my mouth to cough, "but don't remember me..." I said softly voice raspy as blood rolled out from my mouth into the already large pile.

My vision went all black. I heard the static of the headset next to me one last time. "SssSONIC! G- GOD DAMN IT....FAKER ARE YOU THERE!?"

I felt my lips curl up into a smile before I couldn't tell anything apart. Everything went black, and I couldn't hear anything.

Until...

"SONIC!"

My eyes opened right as I heard Tails scream my name. The first thing I noticed was the cold feeling of water. Water...wait what?!

I lifted my hand up to the see part of my glove covered in water. My fur clinging to me. My ears fell immediately and I heard banging behind me. I turned around to see Tail's pounding on some type of glass. "SONIC!" This time it was Amy who yelled. I was confused, but my anxiety was also high. I went to stand up until out of know were I heard Tails yell, "SONIC WATCH OUT!" At the same time I heard the sound of water crashing down.

My ears fell to my head more and I only had a second to turn around and see a large wave of water come crashing towards me.

Until I was swept up in it.