Moonlit walk

Ellie slowly regained consciousness.

First it was her hearing. Muffled voices, speaking next to her.

"...she's been here the longest." Said one

"I didn't see her sleep much. Or eat. Or do anything else." Said another

"I'm so stupid." Said the first.

"No you aren't. It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself. She just needs rest. That's all." Said a third.

The third voice was less muffled. It was more distinctive. It was Mila's voice.

Then came her sight. She forced her eyes open and saw Rin, Kody, and Mila next to her. She was lying on a bench.

Rin noticed Ellie was awake and sighed in relief.

"You're awake." Rin said happily, hugging her sister.

Ellie hugged her back, tightly.

Then after the hug, Rin lightly smacked her sister on the head.

"Idiot. Why didn't you tell me you felt sick? And why didn't you sleep?"

"Sorry. I just..." Ellie said sadly

Rin sighed, exasperated. "Just, go home and sleep. You have to."

Ellie shook her head quickly. "No, no, no, I'm fine! I-I could stay here and-"

"That's out of the question." Kody intercepted.

"You look like a student in finals week. You need some rest. You've done your part, Ellie." Kody said, patting her shoulder.

Ellie sighed and lowered her head. "Fine. Guess I'll be going."

Ellie stood up, only to find Mila blocking her way.

"Not so fast. You're not going anywhere alone with your current state." She scoffed

Rin went next to her.

"I'll go." She said

Ellie shook her head. "No, you have a job to do here! You can't just leave."

Rin smiled at her. "Yes, I can."

Kody coughed. "Uh... Rin... not to be rude... but I don't think anyone else can fill you in..."

Rin glared  at Kody.

"I'll go."

They turned around.

Roy stood behind them, with an  unreadable look on his face.

Kody coughed some more. "Oh. Roy. I-we did not see you there."

Mila suppressed a smile. They always liked teasing Roy about his attraction to Ellie.

Usually, it would be the twins who helped him out. But now...

'STOP.' Mila told herself.

"Umm." Mila stammered, "I'm pretty sure that Roy is free. He could just take a walk, uh, with Ellie..."

Rin considered that thought.

"Fine." She sighed, hugging her sister.

Ellie hugged her back. "I'll be alright. Just... be good okay? I don't want my little sister causing trouble." She said with a smile.

Rin pulled back, giving her a look. "Don't call me 'little sister'. Even if I AM your little sister."

Ellie chuckled. "Idiot."

Mila went to Ellie, held up both hands and muttered a healing spell.

A green glow emitted from her palms, instantly making Ellie feel better.