This is one of the things that I'll surely miss once I pass on. Maalala ko kaya ang mga 'to? What will happen after this? Will I be reincarnated and born in a different lifetime just like some religious beliefs? Do heaven and hell exist? Saan ako mapupunta?

We waited outside the pool area. Iilan lang ang nandoon. The coaches arrived on time. Nauuna sa paglalakad si Coach Eve. She's the head coach. The assistant coach, Coach Haidee was trailing behind her.

A whistle was hanging on Coach Eve's neck while Coach Haidee was carrying her clip board. I smiled at how familiar that scene was. It reminded me of the good old days. My smile abruptly faded. It was a bittersweet reminder.

"Once we call on your name, please come forward," Coach Eve's strong voice occupied the entire room. Everyone turned silent.

The roll call began. Coach Haidee announced the names while flipping through the pages on her clipboard one by one.

I was called after four people. Pen and Maqui whispered me both a goodluck. I smiled at them and stood up. Three more names were called before Coach Haidee finally brought down her magical clip board.

"I'm Coach Eve. This is Coach Haidee. Congrats on passing your first test for simply taking the risk and trying out for the swimming team," Coach Eve began with her litany. This is the same speech she gave us back when I was trying out for the first time.

I still remember every word. It was filled with wisdom, so I engraved it in my mind.

"We don't only want good swimmers in this team. We also want good risk takers but to be a good risk taker, you must know if you have what it takes to risk it." She looked at us one by one. Her eyebrow raised. "There's seven of you and we only need one. Show us that we need you."

Coach Eve didn't say anything else and turned her back on the team. She walked her way towards the entrance of the pool.

"Alright, guys. I'm Coach Haidee. I'm assuming that you've read the instructions before you submitted your forms and requirements," Coach Haidee softly started. Coach Eve and Coach Haidee are like yin and yang. Obviously, Coach Haidee is the yin.

"You'll enter through the shower rooms. Change into your one piece swimsuits and shower. May vacant lockers doon na pwede niyong gamitin. Pagkatapos you may proceed to the pool area. Don't forget to remove your accessories, bring your goggles, and wear your swimming cap. Crystal?" Coach Haidee asked.

"Yes, Coach," I uttered quietly out of force of habit. I was the only one who said it because the other just nodded kaya kahit mahina ay napatingin ang lahat sa akin.

Coach Haidee just smiled at me. She clapped her hands and instructed us to go. We dispersed.

Bumalik ako sa kinauupuan nila Pen para kunin ang bag ko. Their eyes were already on me even before I reached them.

"Ta-try namin tanong kung pwede manuod pero I think pwede naman kasi may iba rin na nandito?" Pen told me.

Ngumiti ako rito at tumango. "It's allowed. See you inside."

I was the last one to enter the shower room. My six competitors were already settled on their chosen locker. My feet moved on its own muscle memory. Natagpuan ko na lang ang sarili ko sa dati kong locker.

Wala na ang lock doon. They must have cleared my things from it already. My heart throbbed at that.

A part of me wanted to use that locker again but a bigger part of me can't bear the pain. Hindi ko kaya. Kahit ilang linggo na akong nasa katawan ni Kinsley. Kahit na nakita ko na ang sarili kong inilubog sa lupa ay hindi ko pa rin magawang tanggapin nang lubusan.