❥18

kenzie's pov 

we got in the car at around 9, and our first stop was to pick up annie. i had no idea if johnny and annie were dating, or just as friends making jokes, or any shit like that, but i couldn't care less. i quickly rushed to the back seat to sit in between lauren and hayden so that i wouldn't have to be stuck in the front with johnny. 

"hayden is there an outlet back there?" johnny asked. i could already see where this is going. 

"why didn't you fucking charge your phone last night genius?" hayden mocked him. 

"hey language!" elle (the manager from before lol) said to hayden. he ignored her. "and yes, there is one, behind laurens seat. give me your phone and i'll plug you in." hayden said.

"i need to text annie though and i want to have my phone! can we switch seats lauren?" johnny asked her. i rolled my eyes.

"what if me, lauren, and hayden go to the front and then johnny can sit in the back and get the charger?" i asked simply. i didn't want to end up next to annie or lauren. 

"nope, we're switching lauren." johnny said. he climbed over and sat next to me, our knees touching. 

"so mackenzis, you excited?" he asked me. i wanted to fucking rip his hair out but instead i bit my lip and smiled. 

"yeah!" i said. 

"oh, this is her house! i'll be right back." johnny said getting out of the car. we watched as he made his way up to annie's house and greeted her in a hug. for some reason this reminded me of when nadia came... how times have changed in just a few weeks. 

"wow! when was the last time they saw each other?" i asked hayden and lauren. their faces got red. to be honest, i cooled down about the whole lying thing (still confused about it though and at this point it was just fun torturing them. 

"i don't kno-" lauren started by i stopped her.

"ok you both need to stop lying to me because you are like my only two genuine friends. i know you were with annie and johnny last night, i follow annie's finsta. i heard you guys outside. annie didn't even want me to come. i don't really care, but enough of the bullshit! you guys are my best friends so don't lie to me..." i said. lauren and hayden looked stunned.

"kenzie we're so sorry, you just don't really know annie and we didn't want to-" 

"to make you feel bad." lauren finished hayden's sentence.

"but why didn't you tell john you know?" lauren asked seriously.

"eh he wouldn't care. also he's busy..." i said pointing at johnny still hugging annie.

"they're just friends kenz. we joke about them being a couple, i promise. i won't lie to you again because you're my actual best friend. and i actually feel horrible. you're one of my favorite people and we treated you like shit, and i'm just so-" lauren couldn't finish, her voice breaking. i reached over and gave her a hug and then she came to the backrow to sit in between me and hayden.

"GET IN THE CAR ALREADY, THE FUCK?" elle yelled out to johnny and annie. annie looked startled. 

"elle! LaNguAge!" hayden mocked her. she just sat there and ignored him. johnny and annie soon came into the car. johnny noticed lauren had taken his seat but just decided to sit in the front row with annie.

"hey guys! long time no see!" annie winked. johnny covered his face and tried to stop her.

"annie we didn't hangout last nigh-" he said eying me. for the fifth time, i rolled my eyes.