❥9

kenzie's pov 

as john and i were performing our duet, nadia kept giving me deathstares. usually this part was fun. i'd pretend to fall, he would catch me. i always had butterflies in my stomach. feeling his touch, breathing in his scent, feeing his smile. today, i felt nothing. i avoided eye contact. i did what he wanted me to do (according to hayden). and i knew he knew that something was off, but at this point i didn't care. 

"hey johnny, you did AMAZING baby." nadia said as she pulled him into yet another hug. "and kenzie you um were good too." she said a bit more coldly. 

"thanks... " i said. 

"ok now that i'm here, let's motherfucking get wild bitches!" nadia yelled. i widened my eyes.

"nadia, you can't fucking yell that in here!" hayden whispered to her. 

"hayden, I DON'T FUCKING CAREEEEE!" nadia yelled again. lauren was just hiding her face in her hands. 

"i say extreme truth or dare. in or out?" nadia asked. 

"what? are we like five?" i asked, starting to laugh. nadia rolled her eyes.

"ok kenzie, then YOU suggest something to do." nadia said. 

"nothing? truth or dare it is!" nadia squealed. soon she was able to find a bunch of our friends who came for the show to come play with us; brandon rowland, lily chee, joey birlem, etc. 

"let's start with my favorite person in this room... johnny! truth or dare?" she asked.

"uhhhh..." he mumbled looking at me. why was he looking at ME? have some independence damn. 

i mouthed dare to him and he repeated after me. 

"ok johnny. i dare you to pick one person to go in that closet with." nadia smirked. that little shit. 

"ok, i pick...........kenzie." johnny said. i was shocked. but then again, i was also mad. if this was his way of avoiding me to not make nadia mad, it wasn't working. johnny pushed me into the closet and shut the door, before hearing nadia's loud groan. 

"ok ziegler, it's just you and me." johnny said. that soft smile i loved. no, snap out of it kenzie. 

"yeah, i guess it is." i said coldly, trying to move as far away from his as possible.

"what is with you kenzie? the only fucking reason i brought you in here is so you could explain to me why you've been such a shitty friend to me today? ignoring me? not laughing with me? it's not funny or cool and you're just being such a... such a bitch." johnny said. 

"a bitch? a motherfucking BITCH is what you're calling me? i went all ima on your ASS to HELP you, because YOU didn't want nadia to break up with you. i did this for YOU johnny and you know what? i would do the world for you, i realized. that feeling... you'll never have it..." i yelled.

"what the fuck are you talking about?" johnny asked confused.

"that feeling when you love someone, but they'll never love you back." i said, and then walked straight out of the closet.