"I just had my last sessions with Louise and it was emotional" I wipe them away with my index fingers.

He displays a sad smile and leans in to kiss my forehead. "What have you got going on now?" We stand in the middle of the refectory, my eyes scan the busy area.

"Dad and Joseph are coming to pick me up for another driving lesson" I whine, I've been on a few now with them. They were terrible.

Last time I almost crashed dad's car into the lamppost outside my house, and then when Joseph leaned over and turned the wheel, we almost went crashing into an oncoming car. "That bad?" He chuckles, probably from the look on my face.

"We crash almost every time and after a while they forget they're teaching me and have there own conversation" I frown. I love dad and Joseph but they will definitely not be wining best driving instructor awards.

"Why don't I come with you?" His arm is securely wrapped around my waist. "Yes please!" I almost start begging. Having Issac with me would make things so better and my nerves calmer.

We head outside and almost on cue I see Joseph swing around the corner. He's such a reckless driver. "Jump in kiddo" He exits the car, throwing me the keys.

"Hey dad" I smile when I'm in the car, Issac is sat behind me and Joseph is behind dad. "Hey sweetheart, how was college?" His eyes twinkle at me.

"It was good. I had my last session with Louise today" I frown at the thought. I don't think it's quite hit me yet that I don't have the safety net anymore of Louise to see every week.

"That's amazing!" He beams with such an expression of joy, he truly looks proud of me. "Yeah Darc that's so good. But if you ever need to talk we're always here" Joseph leans forward coming into my vision.

I laugh, "Thanks guys" I try not to laugh to much, the thought of Joseph and dad being my councillors makes me giggle.

I start the engine and set off. It's judders at first but I slowly improve. "Alright just floor it from here, it's sixty" Joseph sits back. I move the car into the right gear and keep up with the other cars.

"You're quite the little driver Darc" I see dad nod when I glance in my left mirror. "I always watch Issac drive when I'm sitting in the passenger chair" I smile.

"Break!" Joseph bolts. I slam my foot on the break. "Wow, what's happening?" Issac sounds alarmed which makes me panicked.

"There's lights coming up" Joseph says in the most typical 'duh' voice I've ever heard. "Joseph! You cretin why would you do that?" Dad whips his head around.

My hands are so tight around the steering wheel my knuckles are turning white. I start to heat up and I think I know what's happening. "It's okay" I whisper to myself.

I can feel my brain turn to mush with what to do next and a sudden urge to cry emerges. Waiting at the traffic lights I close my eyes briefly, my whole body feels like it's clinging to the wheel.

I go over the advice the life guard gave me, I've done this a few times.

I image a red fist in my head, it's overpowering and terrifying everything in my body. I mentally start to talk to myself, cooing that it's okay for the fist to be there. It lessens in colour with each breath as I watch it start to unclench.

My body cools down but the hand is now an orange. I let it know that everything is okay and there is no need to panic, until it slowly fades out of my brain and I reopen my eyes.

Dad and Joseph are still in argument but I can feel Issac's strong grip on my shoulder. I smile and give his hand a squeeze with mine. He guides me through how to move the car again and I carry on following the vehicle in front of me.

College Studentsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें