❥ Chapter 37.

thank you got 14k+ reads!! i appreciate this so muchhhh !!

also sorry for the change of book cover, im still not happy with it so it will probably change again :/

I can't concentrate my head is all over the place, after hearing Cindy and Adelaide are coming on holiday with us I'm more of a panic then usual.

I kept dropping boxes when I was helping Ezra move into his new house making him frustrated so I went home. Cindy must hate me, after the way I acted and even though it was a birthday present that I'm very grateful for, I'm trying to think of ways to get out of it.

Romeo becomes tired and lyes down in the grass, I've come outside for some fresh air to clear my mind and to help me relax I'm trying to paint Romeo but everything is a distraction, I'm having a bad day.

I sigh dropping my sketch book beside me and putting my head in my hands. I hear the sliding doors open from my house and mentally grown.

"Having a hard day?" Karen's feet stand in front of me, her perfect polished white nails glisten before me in the sun, "Everyday's a hard day" I mumble.

"Well, we at least have to try make it a good day, try and keep positive" She sits crosslegged in front of me.

"C' mom, what's up?" She catches my eye when I remove my hands from my head.

"Nothing" I shrug, she wouldn't want to know my problems. They're so boring and unimportant.

"Well I'm not leaving here until you tell me and nor are you. A problem shared is a problem halved" She smiles at me, I try smile back but my body struggles.

"It's this holiday" I shrug, "As much as I love the idea, I don't think I can do it" My face heats up with anger towards myself.

"And why's that?" She frowns her eyebrows. Her elbows resting on her thighs.

"Because Cindy and Adelaide are coming, what if they don't talk to me or like me? I ran out on them last time" Tears well up but I blink them down. Karen frowns, her long blonde hair reaching her lap.

"Darcy I'm sure they like you. Cindy has to understand this is hard for you, and I'm sure your dad has explained your struggles and battles. If she doesn't understand-that-then-that's her own problem" My eyes drift from hers, "My parents were never together and I was so frustrated, but when I was old enough to understand that and get my head around them being with other people, I realised my step dad is the most amazing man in my life, along with my dad of course" She nods.

"This is scary for Cindy to, she's going on holiday with peoples she doesn't really know and is probably making such an effort to get to know you, Ezra and Joseph" She frowns and the guilt washes over me, I've never thought of it like that.

"You're right" I hunch my shoulders.

"Exactly, and Issac is coming so you don't always have to hang around with us, you can go and have your own time and explore new things together like me and Ezra will do, if I can drag him out the local pubs" She rolls her eyes, I laugh.

"So, since I've hopefully got you in the holiday spirit, fancy going shopping for the occasion?" She winks at me, I nod. This will be a great way to get to know Karen.