Chapter 79

Roscoe stood near the huge hole at the wall, looking outside as it was starting to get brighter. It was still raining a little bit but obviously it would fade soon and there were lots of fog around the mansion.

They had searched the ruins yesterday but did not find Lucados anywhere. Was he still alive they did not know but they felt safe enough to set a camp inside the mansion after finding an area that was the least damaged. They decided turns who would stay in guard and now it was his turn until others would wake up. That was fine, he had nothing against it to wake up early.

Roscoe huffed when he could see the northern part of the mansion clearly from here. There was almost nothing left of it. He had to admit, he was very impressed. He could only imagine what kind of a battle Bickslow and others had to go through here.

Immediately he pouted as he remembered the seith mage. Damn, he would never confess it to anyone if ever asked but he really was worried for a moment when he saw the condition of the mansion. When he saw Bickslow and Evergreen alive he was so relieved he couldn't almost believe it.

"Shit..." he grumbled almost silently. Guess he was doomed to worry about Bickslow no matter if he didn't even know him well.

Roscoe tensed up when he heard steps and turned around. A twitch of anger because of his thoughts earlier was unavoidable when he saw Bickslow's grinning face.

"What do you want?" he grunted and turned around to keep looking outside.

"Good morning to you too, baby", Bickslow cackled stepping beside the slightly shorter man. His arm was supported with a sling and he had left his visor inside the room where men were sleeping. "Still raining? Man, it's not gonna be fun to walk back to the town from here."

"It will stop soon", Roscoe said.

"It's almost like Jish-Ahrna was still here", Bickslow said. When they had set up their camp, they had told everything that had happened more thoroughly and with time.

"Haven't seen anyone while I've been here", Roscoe muttered.

"I wonder what happened to him and Moranga. Did they get their freedom?"

"I believe so."

"You do?"

"Yeah, for what you told us about that Dreamcatcher, he seems like a total lunatic but what I understood is that he follows the rules no matter what. I don't say that I understand this demon thing that's going on in this family but they use contracts, right? He said that if he loses the battle, they would be free. He lost so they are free since it's a rule."

"I like to believe that too", Bicks grinned.

He looked at Roscoe, whose face darkened with annoyance as the seith mage was smiling so damn brightly.

"So why are you here, baby?" Bickslow sang with a sweet tone.

"Stop talking", Roscoe growled crossing his arms.

"I know, you're here because you caaare."

"I hate you."

"You were sooo worried about me and you wanted to make sure everything was alright."

"I'm gonna drown you in that puddle of water, I swear to god."

For a moment they stood there in silence, only hearing how water pattered the ground softly.

"I care about you too, baby", was a silent happy whisper and Roscoe rolled his eyes.

"I'm going to gather some wood", he snarled stomping away from the younger man.