Chapter 43

When Freed woke up, he was feeling horrible. He was still feeling tired and stuffy, moving the tangled green hair away from his face. He squinted his eyes and looked at the clock on his night stand. 9 o'clock? He had actually slept through the evening and night, all the way to the late morning? He groaned and forced himself to sit up. Ugh, he really needed a shower... Sleeping this much was not a good thing.

After he finally got on his feet he stumbled to find his morning gown, wrapping it around him. Then he took his towel and other supplies he needed and stepped in the hallway. After the shower he should do some breakfast, his stomach was growling it's demands to have something.

Freed spent good amount of time to untangle his hair. He showered and cleaned himself, drying himself and putting clothes on. He was just about to start making some tea when the doorbell rang.

He opened the door and got surprised.

"Good morning, Levy", he said.

"Good morning, Freed", Levy smiled. "I hope I'm not interrupting?"

"Of course not", Freed said and let her in.

"I have actually news for you", Levy said taking her shoes off. "It's about Bickslow."

"How is he?" Freed asked quickly. "Is everything okay? I woke up just moments ago and I thought about going to the Guild after the breakfast."

"Everything is okay", Levy reassured smiling. "He's doing good. He's still sleeping but Wendy said that he will recover nicely. He should wake up today."

"That is good news", Freed smiled relieved. "Really good news. Was Ever at the Guild?"

"Yes. She told me to come tell you. And... Well, I had something else I wanted to discuss with you also", Levy muttered fiddling with her fingers nervously. "But I understand if you need to hurry to the Guild."

"I still need to make and eat my breakfast", Freed smiled and he put the kettle on the stove. "So we can talk. How can I help you?" he asked and took out the ingredients for the pancake batter.

"Um... Well... It is... Kinda embarrassing to talk about this", Levy said blushing deeply. "It's about Gajeel and... And what we have done together..."

"Oh", Freed said. "Well... Wouldn't it be easier to talk with Lucy about that?" he asked. "You two talk about everything together."

"I would, but... I don't know, somehow I feel like I don't know how to talk with her about this..." Levy murmured, her face burning red. "Maybe, in a some way it's because we are too close... Not that we are not good friends, Freed, but... I hope you understand."

"Don't worry, I understand", Freed smiled while mixing the batter. "Sometimes there are subjects that are harder to speak the closer is the person you're talking to."

"Y-yes... But I know I really have to talk about this to someone and you're always so calm and rational, s-so..."

"I'm happy that you came to me if there is anything I can do to make you feel better", Freed smiled and he put down the bowl when the kettle started to whistle.

He took out cups from the cupboard and poured some tea for Levy.

"Thank you", the script mage smiled. "I'm glad that you're willing to hear me out."

"Just remember to not force yourself to talk about it if you don't feel comfortable", Freed said.

"No, I have to", Levy said staring at the cup. "Because... Because... I think I might be pregnant", she blurted, face bright red and made Freed to freeze.