The Dressers and Uncle Chicharron

Mollene POV

After we escape from the riveras, we end up at the tunnel so no one can see us. Miguel was sitting still on a wooden crate while Héctor puts shoe polish onto Miguels face. " Hey, hey, hold still. Look up. Look up. A ver, a ver... look up. Up, UP!... Ta-da! " hector yelled and opens a small mirror to let Miguel see his face that has now painted skeleton. " Dead as a doorknob. So listen, Miguel, this place runs on memories. When you're well- remembered, people put up your photo and you get to cross the bridge and visit the living on Día de Muertos. Unless you're me. "

" You don't get to cross over. " Miguel said " No one's ever put up my picture...But you can change that! " hector said. Poor him. He got his photo out and handed to miguel from the land of the living. " This is you? " miguel asked " Muy guapo, eh? " hector said, Miguel passes the photo to me to take one look at it. " ah yes. I remember you had  sweet smile. [ sigh. ] I really miss your gorgeous face. " I said, thinking about him when he was alive.

" wait, you think I'm gorgeous? " hector asked, surprised that he heard that. Wait I said what. " i-i mean as a friendly complement! As a friend. hehe~ " i said, nervously while starting to blush abit. Miguel clear his throat to stop the awkwardness." Anyway, So you get me to my great-great grandpa, then I put up your photo when I get home? " Miguel said. " Such a smart boy! Yes! Great idea, yes! One hiccup de la Cruz is a tough guy to get to. And I need to cross that bridge soon. Like TONIGHT. So, you got any other family here, you know? Someone a bit more... accessible? "

Oh no, Miguel, do not- " Mmm, nope. " what the heck miguel?! " Don't yank my chain, chamaco. You gotta have SOME other family. " hector asked, if he has any family. " ONLY de la Cruz. If you can't help me, I'll find him myself. " Miguel said as he start walking away from hector and so does dante. Miguel. Why did you lie. " Okay, okay, kid, fine -- fine! I'll get you to your great-great grandpa...! " hector said.

Time skip

After we left, we walked down on the path of bustling street. " ...It's not gonna be easy, you know? He's a busy man. What are you doing? " hector asked, noticing that Miguel is doing some strange walking. " I'm walking like a skeleton. Blending in. " miguel said, i started giggling quietly, which is kinda funny. " No, skeletons don't walk like that. " hector said, telling Miguel that they don't walk like that. " It's how you walk. " Oh hi! Miguel said it!  " No, I don't. Stop it! " hector said, i started to giggle more. Then Miguel and i notices a billboard advertising, saying Ernesto De La Cruz's Sunrise Spectacular. " Whoa...Ernesto de la Cruz's Sunrise Spectacular...! Qué padre! "

" Blech. Every year, your great- great grandpa puts on that dumb show to mark the end of Día de Muertos. " hector explains it to miguel. " And you can get us in! " Miguel said " yeah, you can! " I said " Ahhhh. " hector said. Oh no. This is not good. " Hey, you said you had front row tickets! " miguel said to him " That... that was a lie. I apologize for that. " hector said as a truth. " hector! " i said to him " what, i need it to get through the bridge. "

Miguel looked at hector with a withering look. "Cool off, chamaco, come on... I'll get you to him. " hector said " How? " miguel asked " 'Cause I happen to know where he's rehearsing! "

Time skip

We made it at the Warehouse where Hector has taken us. Héctor uses his suspenders to slingshot his arm to a third floor window. We waited and waited, then, a woman opens the window. " You better have my dress, Héctor! " Cecilia said, pointing at hector with his arm. " Hola, Ceci! " Hector greets. Cecilia lowers a ladder so Héctor, Miguel, me and Dante can climb up. Héctor grabs his arm and reattaches it. " oh, after you. " hector said, letting me go first. What gentlemen. " oh, why thank you hector. " i said as i blushing at hector and i started climbing up the stairs.