snakes and fire

If we wanted to get ahead of them then they couldn't find out that we knew they were here. We decided to split but I stayed by Michael's side so no one would suspect a thing, Taylor was our secret weapon so we sent her off and told her to stay away from us until we found Cordelia and the others.

Suddenly the crowd of people I once considered small seemed to multiply, I knew it was just my mind playing tricks at me, manifesting the way I felt, trapped between all the unrecognizable faces, blurs of color here and there with my mind concentrating on every blonde woman even if I knew that Cordelia must be well hidden.

I knew most of the habitants of the sanctuary but not to detail, I'd talk to each of them at least once but it wasn't enough to be able to pick anyone "suspicious" out of the crowd just like that. 

"Isn't the energy shifting and changing place or something?" I asked Michael, hoping that maybe he was able to sense them better than I did.

"We're in a very small space, their energy is constant, no matter where they go it never changes, so they could be anywhere around" he whispered back at me. We both kindly smiled to someone who came up and congratulated us for Aiden's birth.

Aiden!, now that they knew about him I feared that they could harm him. 

The woman in front of us tried to make small talk but I couldn't handle it, I pinned the fake smile to my face as much as I could, but as each second past I felt like the people were multiplying, making harder and harder our task to find them.

When she finally left Michael's grip on my hand was almost painful, I wasn't the only one anxious.

"We have to set them up" I whispered in his ear

"How?"

"Something's gotta blow their cover" 

"We need them to be together, so no one can get away" he said and I finally came up with a plan.

He looked troubled at me as I walked to the center of the room and clapped my hands to get everyone's attention.

"Dear subdites, we'll like to give an announcement, but you must join us at the church" As I spoke everyone went silent and listened to me.

"Everyone is to come, or I'll personally escort you to the door and throw you to the infected" Michael declared. 

We got there first than anyone and he he had a mocking mile on now.

"What?" he was bothering me.

"I got it" he said

"Got what?"

"Them. Well, not all of them, but I've located one of them" 

"How?"

"You know how you love it when I read your mind?" he asked sarcastically

"Yeah..."

"I heard one of them. She mocked you the second she heard the word subdites and tried to mend her mistake but then continued thinking that obviously neither of us could read her mind, only she was wrong" He looked so proud of it.

"So who is it? Come on, they are gonna be here soon" suddenly this turned into a game to him.

"She's disguised as an old men, I'll make you a signal when she gets here so you know. I'm pretty sure Cordelia only brought girls with her, I don't feel any type of magic similar to what I felt at Hawthorne" Of course she would only bring the girls, any other living warlock was dead thanks to Michael, even in this dimension but there was no use in reminding him that.