6 days and counting

If my visions are correct the world has 6 days left, 6 more days for the people outside of this mansion to live their boring lives, and then, extermination. Nothing.

I had a bad feeling, obviously, and Michael was out of the house so I decided to distract myself because lately the visions got stronger, they will come at anytime out of nowhere and I wasn't up for taking anymore of this. 

I decided to go to the library, the room was massive, with shelves and shelves full of books of all kinds. Most of them were about dark magic, alchemy, rituals or science, history of the witches, creatures of the underworld and so on and so on. Michael had only trained me to control what he called "the seven wonders", the first time he mentioned them I wanted to laugh but then as I tried them I understood how difficult they were. Michael says that for someone who has only been consciously practicing for nearly a month I'm doing pretty well, so far the things I'm the best at are divination, pyromancy, telekinesis and transmutation.
The days when we practiced transmutation were really fun to be honest, but that's a story for another time.

Looking through all the books I found a shelf dedicated to "necromancy", I didn't knew what that was so I picked up the first one I saw.

"Forbidden rites, huh this looks interesting. let me see, let me see what are we doing today?" I was talking to myself as I eent through the pages.

The name sounded a little frightening but when I started reading it I actually enjoyed it.

I learned a lot of history about necromancy and it's practice, as I found it interesting I looked for a simple spell to practice.

Basically necromancy is a practice of magic involving communication with the deceased, which pretty much reminded me of horror movies where people played with the ouija board and ended up dead.
I was looking through the books for a really harmless spell I could try when suddenly someone took the book from my hands and turned me around.

"You shouldn't read those"

"Michael!", I exclaimed as he scared me, the subject gave me chills and then add to it that I never heard Michael entering the room, I just felt him taking the book from my hands.

"You almost gave me a heart attack!, is it that difficult for you to make a sound while coming in? couldn't you at least say hi or something? god!"

He took me by the arm and led me farther from that shelf and then looked at me, even if he had a serious face on I could see a little smirk trying to show, he obviously wanted to make fun of me but as always his ego couldn't allow it.

"You being scared of me touching you it's another sign that you are not ready to try something as serious as necromancy Diza"

"Oh come on, it looks like a lot of fun, let me try it" I thought that maybe for today we could give the "wonders" a rest and try some spells instead.

"Diza you don't know what you are talking about, I don't think that you have it in you"

"It's just conjuring something, it's not like I need a license to try it okay?", he was actually right, as much as I wanted to try one of those spells I was scared.
But this was our usual routine, fighting about everything even if the argument was already lost, he almost always played along with me for a while but will quickly get bored when my arguments got boring, still, it was fun for me.

"You don't really want to try it little liar, but okay. Next time try it before I get home and don't leave any demons inside Diza. Today you are practicing against me."

Now this was funny, was Michael really expecting me to use my powers on him? it was simply ridiculous, even if he didn't use any of his powers against me, I knew he was a lot stronger than me.